INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
frow.gif
Hey, Bubbles...Stay cool

Hello MC! I hope the visitor doesn't cause you any problems.

I had to actually scare it out of walking into the coop, and again to get it out of the run. I was a distance away (eight whole feet. Better than nothing!). I would have used the net on it if I had to. No little babies (today. yet...) to worry about, but I certainly was not closing up with it inside! I would rather get sprayed than take the chance of my flock being hurt.

I thought you didn't have predators.

Here's a chart you might find interesting.
It's a little hard to read at first but it gives the percentage of seeds that will germinate at a given temperature, the optimal daytime soil temperature for maximum production and the days to germination at optimal temp.

http://tomclothier.hort.net/page11.html

Smarty pants. I have never had an issue with them. I never said I didn't have them.

Help please: I have a beautiful SQ silkie that is 4 months old, and that I hatched and raised myself, and that seemed perfectly healthy yesterday. Today, its crop is empty, it is laying on its side, it isn't eating or drinking, and I'm very worried that I am going to lose it. I put some electrolytes in its water and dipped its beak. It is now standing up, but does not look good. What do I do? It does look like it may have had diarrhea, but no blood in stool. It seems very thin. The rest are all doing well.

Thanks. What are the smallest eggs that you'll incubate from your flock?
I'll go down to 55 if they're extremely dark.
I went down to 50 after losing a bunch of birds a couple years ago and I'm sorry I did.
Ideally, I'd like to hatch from 60-70 gram eggs.
That may not happen till next year.

Smarty pants. I have never had an issue with them. I never said I didn't have them.
So what do you feed them to keep them away from the chickens?

Help please: I have a beautiful SQ silkie that is 4 months old, and that I hatched and raised myself, and that seemed perfectly healthy yesterday. Today, its crop is empty, it is laying on its side, it isn't eating or drinking, and I'm very worried that I am going to lose it. I put some electrolytes in its water and dipped its beak. It is now standing up, but does not look good. What do I do? It does look like it may have had diarrhea, but no blood in stool. It seems very thin. The rest are all doing well.

What's the temperature there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom