INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No actually this one is about 4 mos old. We got it from my hubby's uncle as a companion to a Canadian goose baby but the goose didn't make it. The chicken isn't walking weird, just each of its toes are crooked at a 90 degree angle at the joint.
probably the mesh wire on the floor of the bator, toes got stuck as a baby and were never fixed

No actually this one is about 4 mos old. We got it from my hubby's uncle as a companion to a Canadian goose baby but the goose didn't make it. The chicken isn't walking weird, just each of its toes are crooked at a 90 degree angle at the joint.
Did this just happen or has it always been like that? If it just happened I would think maybe a vitamin deficiency of some kind. If it hatched that way it could be vitamin deficiency, genetic, to high of humidity during incubation....

Did this just happen or has it always been like that? If it just happened I would think maybe a vitamin deficiency of some kind. If it hatched that way it could be vitamin deficiency, genetic, to high of humidity during incubation....
well i never noticed it before. The other 2 are about a month younger and their feet are fine. Can it be fixed? Note this one did survive a dog attack. We had it in a smaller chicken cage while we were cleaning out the bigger coop with another chicken (feathered foot) and a big German shepherd attacked the cage and killed our feathered foot. We checked in the other chicken and it didn't seem to have any injuries but... Now we see that.

well i never noticed it before. The other 2 are about a month younger and their feet are fine. Can it be fixed? Note this one did survive a dog attack. We had it in a smaller chicken cage while we were cleaning out the bigger coop with another chicken (feathered foot) and a big German shepherd attacked the cage and killed our feathered foot. We checked in the other chicken and it didn't seem to have any injuries but... Now we see that.
At its current age I seriously doubt it could be easily fixed.

I hate not being able to have my chickens free range. But neighbors just let their dogs out into other ppls yard off a leash. I love all animals, but when they mess with my babies... well let's just say I've warned the owners off we catch their dog back in our yard around our chickens, they will be missing a dog.

Morning all.

:frow

that stinks, are there still 4 under the broody??

:eek: You acknowledged him!!

Well, it' sback to the drawing board for us. - my 12 year old and 2 year old decided they wanted to "see" the incubator and dropped it, breaking all the eggs while I was out with the baby chickens in their new pen.... (they still are in the house, but I took them out there for a few minutes to explore.)

However, I was able to get the humidity to 26% over night, and keep the temp stable at 99.6.... with out the eggs in it. So... maybe this will work out better. It was not fun cleaning egg yolk off my bathroom floor. :/

That stinks. :hugs Duckling hasn't done more than look inside the incubator.
If you want to talk goats milk recipes, we've used ours for soap, cheese, and even making icecream. ;)

Our pgymies don't eat much and are tiny, but I suspect we will only be getting about 1/4th of a gallon per day from them. We have a spanish goat, that's supposed to be a better producer. She's 2-3x their size though.

I'm a fan of nubian's, but they don't sell well here, since most people want meat goats, and I just wanted milking goats! 

As to the baking and cheese cloth, I have no idea! :eek:

I've never liked goat milk in any form, but finally had some chocolate goat milk (white wasn't available) and tolerated it. I am under the impression that the Nigerian dwarf milk is the right taste for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom