INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate not being able to have my chickens free range. But neighbors just let their dogs out into other ppls yard off a leash. I love all animals, but when they mess with my babies... well let's just say I've warned the owners off we catch their dog back in our yard around our chickens, they will be missing a dog.

:thumbsup

frow.gif

ep.gif
You acknowledged him!!
That stinks.
hugs.gif
Duckling hasn't done more than look inside the incubator.
I've never liked goat milk in any form, but finally had some chocolate goat milk (white wasn't available) and tolerated it. I am under the impression that the Nigerian dwarf milk is the right taste for me.
It was has more to do with their diet. For example, our neighbor who had Nubians, fed them alfalfa and a specific grain that was wheat-free. It tastes JUST like cows milk. And, i've had goats milk from people who's goats just eat whatever they wanted and it tasted foul.

Same with breastmilk - what I eat, will change the flavor of the milk, so if I eat a lot of garlic, it comes out with a garlic flavor/taste. or if I take fenugreek, which makes you smell like maple syrup, my milk will come out tasting sweeter, more like maple syrup. (I pump for my toddler so I can smell the milk lol)

My toddler won't drink it if i I eat a lot of garlic. so I've had to give up my obsession with putting garlic on everything. hehe.

So, depending on the goats, you can manipulate the flavor of the milk, based on what you feed them. ;)

I will say, that if you manage to figure out how to make them have chocolate milk, you'll be rich. :p

Otherwise, keep a bottle of Hershey's syrup in the fridge! LOL

Last edited:
ep.gif
You acknowledged him!!
Only because I mentioned candling the eggs she sent.

I hate not being able to have my chickens free range. But neighbors just let their dogs out into other ppls yard off a leash. I love all animals, but when they mess with my babies... well let's just say I've warned the owners off we catch their dog back in our yard around our chickens, they will be missing a dog.
thumbsup.gif
Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

good for you!
i have that problem but its my husbands stupid dog

ep.gif
You acknowledged him!!
That stinks.
hugs.gif
Duckling hasn't done more than look inside the incubator.
I've never liked goat milk in any form, but finally had some chocolate goat milk (white wasn't available) and tolerated it. I am under the impression that the Nigerian dwarf milk is the right taste for me.
yep he finally did something with the eggs, now i can talk to him again

If it's getting around fine and doesn't seem bothered or in pain from it then it should be fine.
thank goodness. My oldest daughter is responsible for the feeding and watering of the chickens (13yrs old responsibilities) so it may have happened in the part few days. She's been very good at checking on them all the time. With the way I work, she's been a big help with them. And loves to do it too (except when it's raining) but she still does it. She's hands on with the eggs too. Every time they lay an egg, she's quick to bring it in.

Last edited:
@kajira

when my daughters daycare incubates eggs they put a tape line around it on the floor and ONLY adults are allowed to cross it, is this something that could be done?

@kajira

when my daughters daycare incubates eggs they put a tape line around it on the floor and ONLY adults are allowed to cross it, is this something that could be done?
my 5 year old would respect that.
my 12 year old doesn't care about stuff like that he'd say I was stupid for even trying, and my 2 year old's not quite old enough to understand.

I just need to keep the bathroom door locked.

I think it's AWESOME that your daycare incubates eggs. Do they do it for science projects, or do they have pet chickens for the daycare?

Only because I mentioned candling the eggs she sent.

:thumbsup Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
well I haven't seen that dog back running around since then and I did explain the laws to them about messing with a person's farm animals (even if they are pets lol) that whether it be 2 legged or 4, they can be shot on sight. Needless to say, no one messes with our babies :)

my 5 year old would respect that.
my 12 year old doesn't care about stuff like that he'd say I was stupid for even trying, and my 2 year old's not quite old enough to understand.

I just need to keep the bathroom door locked.

I think it's AWESOME that your daycare incubates eggs. Do they do it for science projects, or do they have pet chickens for the daycare?
they incubate for fun and learning process, unfortunatelythey have had 0 hatch in the last 3 attempts, but luckily i have connections lol
i also get to keep anything they hatch, or i find homes for them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom