INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask the folks with HORSE experience a question? My daughter has been riding since she was 5 (she's 9 now). Her pony that she has ridden for the last 3 years lost his eye this summer and she had to switch to a new pony. She's done great adjusting to him even though he is a very jumpy horse and her other pony was very laid back. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago her riding instructor asked her to ride another pony for a video for the veterinarian to pin point a problem he was having with his hind leg. While she was on him he freaked out for no reason and started bucking and threw her. Knocked the wind out of her and bruised her back, cut her elbows and palms up too. Her worst fall to date. She got back on the pony she's been riding the next week and had a total meltdown, crying, panicking... she's so scared now (he isn't even the one that threw her). Anyway, she told me today that she thinks she wants to take a break. Advice? Should I let her take a break or should I push her to keep riding and overcome her fear? I KNOW she loves it! (I have no horse experience and am scared of them personally, but I have never let my fear stop her from riding.)

he.gif
bun.gif

Can I ask the folks with HORSE experience a question? My daughter has been riding since she was 5 (she's 9 now). Her pony that she has ridden for the last 3 years lost his eye this summer and she had to switch to a new pony. She's done great adjusting to him even though he is a very jumpy horse and her other pony was very laid back. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago her riding instructor asked her to ride another pony for a video for the veterinarian to pin point a problem he was having with his hind leg. While she was on him he freaked out for no reason and started bucking and threw her. Knocked the wind out of her and bruised her back, cut her elbows and palms up too. Her worst fall to date. She got back on the pony she's been riding the next week and had a total meltdown, crying, panicking... she's so scared now (he isn't even the one that threw her). Anyway, she told me today that she thinks she wants to take a break. Advice? Should I let her take a break or should I push her to keep riding and overcome her fear? I KNOW she loves it! (I have no horse experience and am scared of them personally, but I have never let my fear stop her from riding.)
Let her take a riding break but make sure she still goes to the barn and does chores and grooming
maybe see if they'll let her do some ground work with the original pony (the cyclops)
it takes time but she'll overcome it

Let her take a riding break but make sure she still goes to the barn and does chores and grooming
maybe see if they'll let her do some ground work with the original pony (the cyclops)
it takes time but she'll overcome it

I was thinking about asking her instructor if she could try just walking her old pony (with the missing eye) around the arena, she is SO bonded with him and she really really misses him. :(

She still wants her barn time and loves being around them, just is so scared when she's riding now. :(

I'd rather live in ND than NY.

Me too
:idunno Why? NY is awesome!

Too many people...upstate would be fine but then i may as well stay put....
Cause it's a state run by a bunch of idjits.

So very true......:/

Sounds like you're well on your way

Trying....and i meant to add earlier that i have 7 tackle boxes.
Different ones for different types of fishing.

Ever been to ND?

I have its cool......Montana is better though.

I was thinking about asking her instructor if she could try just walking her old pony (with the missing eye) around the arena, she is SO bonded with him and she really really misses him. :(

She still wants her barn time and loves being around them, just is so scared when she's riding now. :(
i've been thrown, kicked, bit
but i still go out, i love my current pony she is amazing
i think spending some time with the original pony would be really good for her
hugs.gif
good luck

Quote: Little guy sitting on the ground killing ants when the preacher happened by and asked the boy what he was doing. kid says "I'm killing these GD ants". Preacher says "You shouldn't take the Lord's name in vain, son, and hate is a strong word that you shouldn't use. Name me three things that you truly hate."
Kid thinks for a minute, then says "Vegetables, school, and these GD ants."

Little guy sitting on the ground killing ants when the preacher happened by and asked the boy what he was doing. kid says "I'm killing these GD ants". Preacher says "You shouldn't take the Lord's name in vain, son, and hate is a strong word that you shouldn't use. Name me three things that you truly hate."
Kid thinks for a minute, then says "Vegetables, school, and these GD ants."
lol, i hate ants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom