INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm going to take a tally what kind of fish do you think I should get

Guppies! Easy to keep and they have live babies! I used to watch them for hours.

Totally agree! Guppies are awesome, and have tons of live babies all the time. They are colorful, and fun to watch, and easy to raise.

The babies will need somewhere to hide such as Java moss or the adults may eat them. If you can get fish from a breeder who has stock that don't eat their young that is even better. Also if you get them from a breeder they are less likely to come with any diseases.

Drawbacks are they breed so fast you need to find homes for/sell babies or you wil have overcrowding and disase. They also usually need heated water.

Sounds like a great team and a lot of fun!

Ideally it should be illegal to buy wild caught ones (imho)

Yes it should be. However many are used for medicine, food source, souvenirs etc. Wikipedia has quite an article on them

I wonder if Canada Geese could be used the same way. I could show researchers a seemingly endless supply of the filthy pests! You think ducks are bad? Ducks aren't even in the same league!
They have so many ponds & food sources here in crop fields that they stay here year around. Not all, but the vast majority does, anyway. They make such a mess at the local park that the town hired a guy with a dog, a kayak, and a remote-control toy boat to run them off. If the birds are on shore he sends the dog to chase them off. If they're on the water, he sends the boat in to run them off. If that fails, he gets the kayak out and heads into them. The whole idea, of course, is to harass the geese so much that they go somewhere quieter.

I have actually used Canada geese for research.
If you know a source of bar headed geese (within the US) I would be there in a shot!

So beautiful!
Better your dd be obsessed with bugs that many other possible things....
She also has a lizard, frog, toad, all living in her room... not to mention her obsession with chickens, and horses. (She has her own pony too.) and our barn cats? Courtesy of convincing her dad to keep an entire litter of kittens, minus one... she gave him to her best friend... then went and found a spare kitten abandoned by it's mom in a parking lot and convinced him to let her rescue it, too.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom