INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you hatch serama eggs?
I'm near lockdown on bantam cochin/seramas...
I stored both at room temperature (cochin were shipped, seramas are mine)
I experimented with the seramas and put 3 in the fridge at 42°...of course they were doa at day 7...the other 6 I stored at room temp on my kitchen island (72-74). I've had all 6 start...two have died. I have 4 left.

Do y'all think I need to store the eggs I'm collecting for my next try at seramas differently than room temperature?

I will not give up!!
1f423.png

Any other suggestions for serama eggs?

Last edited:
I experimented with the seramas and put 3 in the fridge at 42°...of course they were doa at day 7...the other 6 I stored at room temp on my kitchen island (72-74). I've had all 6 start...two have died. I have 4 left.

Do y'all think I need to store the eggs I'm collecting for my next try at seramas differently than room temperature?

I will not give up!!
1f423.png

@Sally Sunshine has seramas

I will not give up!!
1f423.png

For a short period room temperature should be fine. How are you storing, pointy end down? Also, do you turn them while storing? I would hatch Seremas eggs by themselves. Most people start them out at higher humidity (50% - 55%) and then make adjustments based on air cell when they candle.

I will not give up!!
1f423.png

They need to be stored properly around 50-60* aircell up, humidity higher around 60% and turned just like in the bator, i stored mine in my basement and wrapped in plastic bags so the aircells would stay good
and should be less than 7 days old when you start incubating

Last edited:

Can someone explain me the meaning of Halloween?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

-Kathy

No no! I also can do a Google search! I want to understand the meaning for YOU.

I don't think there is a real meaning other than fun for kids, now people older also use it as an excuse to dress up and have parties.

Can someone explain me the meaning of Halloween?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

-Kathy

No no! I also can do a Google search! I want to understand the meaning for YOU.

I don't think there is a real meaning other than fun for kids, now people older also use it as an excuse to dress up and have parties.

From my experience holidays in spring time anf fall are almost always realated to old agricultural holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom