INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's one google isn't being helpful with or my search terms suck... the iffy Wyandotte is hangin on. Lookin better by the hour(s).., so it has splay leg, and hip? It's been walking a few steps now, so that's good. I have it in a tube sock cinched up and then in a cup(the bugger keeps escaping my contraptions to hold its leg right...) Anyone ever treat a chick with its leg where the joint that fits under the wing, might technically be their knee, sticking side ways...? When he sits down n rests the left wing sits in between the "knee" and the belly or side.

I must say I've never been successful rehabbing them.

I think one of my eggs is a goner. Took pictures to post, it's one I put liquid bandage on :( will post in a second.

So here's one google isn't being helpful with or my search terms suck... the iffy Wyandotte is hangin on. Lookin better by the hour(s).., so it has splay leg, and hip? It's been walking a few steps now, so that's good. I have it in a tube sock cinched up and then in a cup(the bugger keeps escaping my contraptions to hold its leg right...) Anyone ever treat a chick with its leg where the joint that fits under the wing, might technically be their knee, sticking side ways...? When he sits down n rests the left wing sits in between the "knee" and the belly or side.
yep, tape woth q tips hang on

I think one of my eggs is a goner. Took pictures to post, it's one I put liquid bandage on :( will post in a second.
hugs.gif

Candled my broody, StarFire's, eggs yesterday. I have some good development I think, some look to be moving already! There are a couple that have veins and a black dot in the middle floating about, eye i think... I have 1 egg, #8, that has a misplaced air cell! It is not on either end, it is on a side and looks fairly small compared to when it is on the ends! There is development and veins however. I am rooting for it! I might need to assist its hatch? Not sure, but if so, man that StarFire is sure one protective momma, she pecked up my are something fierce!

Wish I could have taken pics of the eggs, but that is difficult, not sure how others do it!
fl.gif
dont worry about images, time will tell how it develops and if it can turn!

Quote: holy smokes!! 15 years!! wow!

Quote: oh my!

Quote:
yesss.gif

More scale pictures

Seven days old.

The brown one is still a couple of grams below hatch weight, the white is plus 1.

-Kathy

love.gif

This stupid chickens can drive me crazy, they have enough laying boxes but they always fight and make mess trying to reach one specific box.
Decided to make 2 new box from tiers

Made 2 of them

sweet idea!!!

Quote: x2 I never trimmed

Quote: mmmmm chocolate

Last edited:
@AlilSassy

CURLY TOES Spraddle Leg TENDON Leg ISSUES post #42573 post #110393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine

Tolbunt polish from Sara for HarmonyAnn!

one has spraddle so I am workin on that!

a white tolbunt chick!!!! the other has black brown rust spots... not a good pic, more later when kiddo has them!

A bit more than spraddle leg, one leg is against the other and sideways, so I have to align "hips" lol

drinking some electrolytes, very happy and energetic this one is!

AND she brought me these!!!! more tolbunt, some lemon orphs, and some other orphs, and blarney send me her marans!!
her marans just won awards at the Massachusetts show.

FEELING BLESSED and I love my BYC friends!!!!

So went to coop to feed chicks one was dead. Ah man bummer I thought now back to six. As I watched the hen bring them out there were still 7 which means 8 actually hatched out of 9-10 eggs. Not bad hatch.

Here's the crew finally able to catch them all out.

Here they are staying out of hens way. They have learned when momma scratches to stay out of the way. She used to fling them out the back as she's doing the dust here. Which is why I thought the one died.

love the scratch pic!!! great photos on both! cute lil things!!

@BantyChooks above and below
Quote: sure thing!

@AlilSassy

CURLY TOES Spraddle Leg TENDON Leg ISSUES post #42573 post #110393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine

Tolbunt polish from Sara for HarmonyAnn!

one has spraddle so I am workin on that!

a white tolbunt chick!!!! the other has black brown rust spots... not a good pic, more later when kiddo has them!

A bit more than spraddle leg, one leg is against the other and sideways, so I have to align "hips" lol

drinking some electrolytes, very happy and energetic this one is!

AND she brought me these!!!! more tolbunt, some lemon orphs, and some other orphs, and blarney send me her marans!!
her marans just won awards at the Massachusetts show.

FEELING BLESSED and I love my BYC friends!!!!

Did that one get fixed? Was it used for breeding? How were the offsprings' legs?

Last edited:
@Sally Sunshine

I pm'd Kaj some videos too, if you want ask her to relink them here i gotta fly
frow.gif

@kajira

Quote: Man! Sloppy is right! Some heavy hitters, though. I saw Mark Trumbo hit another of his "Trumbo Jumbo" shots the other night; that ball was still climbing when it disappeared into the dark on its way over the stadium wall!.
Remember Jimmy Piersall when he played for the Washington Senators? Certifiably nuts! He lived in the same apartment project we did, and we played ball with his son. He was always one of the last to be picked when we "chose up sides", but he always had the best equipment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom