INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I use a plastic garbage can (one of the square ones with wheels

you will laugh when I tell you how I started doing it since I am not to lift more than 50lbs.  I use a snow sled, drop the feed off the top of the stack on it and drag it through the gravel to the coops, lay the trash can sideways slide the entire sled into the trash can and tilt lift the trash can back upright and then just open the feed and let it in the bag....   Hey a girls gotta do what she has to do!  they wont bag at 50lbs!  only 100s

Lol!
Bummer on not havin 50# bags, I get 50lbs, but I need smaller because it takes 15 chickens several weeks to go through one bag, and spoilage is an issue. :/

'Course I didn't glue it! I know I'm gonna have to make adjustments.

I'll look for those parts then. :)

Really, I literally just picked 2 parts up and shoved em together, lotsa room for improvement.

Oh, I understand, alright. Half the things I build start out that way, with the only plans in my head, where they bounce around like bb's in a boxcar.  :lau

:lau

There is no movement

At this point you should know what to expect, leave the things alone and get away from the bator. If you followed the directions you've been given MANY TIMES everything will be fine.
Just in case the instructions slipped your mind I will do my best to restate them.
1. You lined the bottom of the bator with shelf liner so their hocks and legs don't get messed up again.
2. eggs are set with the largest dip in the air cell facing up
3. humidity is at around 60%
4. temp is steady at about 98.5 degrees (or thereabout)
5. you're leaving the bator alone!

should there be? What day are you on? What are you seeing? GIVE US MORE DETAILS IN A SINGLE POST!
Wouldn't that be nice.

Can I ask about a fan for my Little Giant 9300? We have 2 of them. 1 has a fan, we thought the other one did, but it appears it doesn't. The still air is the one we were planning on putting the lock down chicks in. The temps vary from 98 to 102 and the humidity from 45 to 70 depending where in the bator I put the gauges. I've seen lots of people say they use computer fan. Where would I place the fan, and does anyone have a good suggestion on exactly what I should use? The first of my eggs I'm hatching should go into lock down tomorrow.

There is no movement
So? My last 3 batches never moved, didn't make a peep until all of a sudden one was out. Now PLEASE, for the love of pete, GET AWAY from your incubator and quit worrying! And maybe by your next set of eggs, you will have gone back and READ all the posts people have been REPEATEDLY posting with tips and instructions. Especially with the thermometers and hygrometers. You shouldn't expect any to hatch if you don't have those things.

Can I ask about a fan for my Little Giant 9300? We have 2 of them. 1 has a fan, we thought the other one did, but it appears it doesn't. The still air is the one we were planning on putting the lock down chicks in. The temps vary from 98 to 102 and the humidity from 45 to 70 depending where in the bator I put the gauges. I've seen lots of people say they use computer fan. Where would I place the fan, and does anyone have a good suggestion on exactly what I should use? The first of my eggs I'm hatching should go into lock down tomorrow.
Seems there are not many folks here to help you at the moment, so I'll try to give you a partial answer: If I were doing it, and if it were possible, I'd position the fan so that it blew across the heating element, to spread the heat more evenly throughout the incubator. I can't be a lot of help on the rest of your questions; I'll defer to those more experienced.

Seems there are not many folks here to help you at the moment, so I'll try to give you a partial answer: If I were doing it, and if it were possible, I'd position the fan so that it blew across the heating element, to spread the heat more evenly throughout the incubator. I can't be a lot of help on the rest of your questions; I'll defer to those more experienced.
Thank you! That seems so logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom