INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening everyone! Just cleared the house of kids and grandkids, got the food packed away( what little didn't go home in doggie bags :D), and now off to the neighbors for some drinks and carousing! Hope everyone else had a good Christmas Day as well. Chat later....if I am sober enough to type that is! :gig

I have a chick that pipped late last night externally but now 24 hour later has made no hatching progress. The humidity is way up and down because he is hatching 3 days early.

I only have this one chick so I don't want to lose him. I'm not sure if I should assist in opening the hop of his she'll a bit more or not. He peeps and moves around alot but nothing happens. I'm afraid he got dried out or will become so because of our humidity varying

I have a chick that pipped late last night externally but now 24 hour later has made no hatching progress. The humidity is way up and down because he is hatching 3 days early.

I only have this one chick so I don't want to lose him. I'm not sure if I should assist in opening the hop of his she'll a bit more or not. He peeps and moves around alot but nothing happens. I'm afraid he got dried out or will become so because of our humidity varying
sorry for type errors. Trying to type from a mobile phone is really hard.

Mine are hatching 3 days early again and my humidity is all out of whack
sad.png
Hatches can go too slow or too fast.
What's the humidity doing? What's it reading now? Can we assume you realize the humidity rises when they start hatching?

Yes.
What's the humidity doing? What's it reading now? Can we assume you realize the humidity rises when they start hatching?
yes. But the problem has been it keeps going down faster than I can controll it. He sat all night in 30% humidity (only one egg, so just him in therr) it's about 60 now after fresh water 10 minutes ago

If your worried about that one in particular, I have used a paper towel soaked in warm water and wrapped like a nest around the early stater. Just don't cover the pip area. Usually keeps them moist enough to zip in a couple of hours. As early as this one is, if it doesn't seem to be in distress, I would not assist at the moment, quite possibly still absorbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom