INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
barnie.gif
CH, why did you even set this batch if you were not going to be home???? Find someone ASAP. And big veins means NOT YET ready to hatch, so calm it and go find a babysitter.
And postpone the inevitable...
roll.png

I hope Sally is done her nap soon.... She needs to help CH!

Tell us when you find a babysitter, CH. :hugs

Last edited:
I'm not Gonna throw away and kill the baby's.

I don't mean this ugly, CH, but I think you've done a pretty good job of doing just that so far. You know better than to open the bator during lockdown, and you candled the eggs during lockdown??? This isn't your first try to incubate, but you're acting like you forgot everything you learned from the first time. It takes practice to get good at it, and it takes patience and self-control to be successful. You are not being patient and letting the chicks do what chicks have been doing for eons. You aren't keeping your hands out of the bator during lockdown, and if you're lucky, the chicks will only be shrink-wrapped. I can't figure out why you're acting like you've never done this before. Do you remember the problems you had with the chicks legs the last time? I have a feeling you're going to have a lot more problems if any of these eggs hatch. You started with how many eggs? How many are left in the bator? How many or those appear to still be alive? That's not a good record, which means that any chicks that (somehow) manage to hatch are more than likely going to have some serious problems. I'm not saying that it's a 100% bust this time, but I think you need to be prepared in case the worst happens... which is no chicks from this hatch. I don't want to sound mean, but sometimes you need to know where to draw the line. When I have things go wrong, and nothing seems to work, I back up and start over. Sometimes a fresh start is all you need to do something right. Okay???
I just read the past few pages, and I'm not incubating but I stopped by to say this.
I agree with @Ur -ur-ur-urr. However, it does seem to me that everyone is being a little too hard on @chicken hawk33. If I was in his/her case, the replies would be enough to make me not want to incubate again. I see both sides of the situation. @chicken hawk33 next time you intend to incubate, ask the people who are closest to you (parents, sibs, spouse (I don't know your age so I can't tell what your life situation is)) if there are any intended trips or vacations within the next month that would interfere with incubating. Incubating takes a good deal of time commitment if you want a happy healthy hatch.
For now, the best things to do is to find someone who can watch the eggs while you're gone and throw out the shells and stuff once they've hatched. If you have a broody, I'd first stuck the eggs under her before throwing them out.

And everyone remember, BYC is a place to encourage and guide, not discourage :)

Last edited:
A pot of creamy and a pot of regular. Brit is peeling potatoes for mashed taters and mama is making homemade biscuits. I can tell ya, I'm starving!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom