INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, when i test the incubator out, im trying to decide what eggs i should put in. I really just want hens (obviously). Is this "Pullet VS Bullet" thing true?
If you're talking rounded eggs vs. pointy eggs, there is a theory circulating that round eggs produce mostly females. I plan on testing it next time I hatch

Here ya had me on a wild google chase.......
Sorry about that... just having a little fun with the "locals"! Get it? Locals???
lau.gif

You'll have to excuse me... I can be a little rambunctious every now and then. Haven't seen you around these parts until today. Welcome to the wild, wild western side of BYC!!!
frow.gif

Just curious, my chicks are VERY quiet - all of them were quiet until after they pipped. I know my hearing is good. Do all chickens make a racket before they hatch? None of them really moved their eggs at all. But, they keep hatching.

The one that pipped sometime before 6 am is just now starting to zip. 2 others have just pipped. So, that is all 7 of my HAL's are possible going to hatch. I have 4 others that I need to put in lockdown tomorrow. Then I have 12 others that are due 1/13. I have 2 from my 12/26 hatch that are still in the bator that I will check once these 3 pips hatch. I know 1 of them was still alive when I put the 1/1 eggs in lockdown.

I love all the photos!! The ducks especially. If I was more rural, I would definitely branch out!!
some breeds are, like the legbar, now serama are noisy little chits! I soooo want to do them again, but to find french white scovy is hard here!!

Also, when i test the incubator out, im trying to decide what eggs i should put in. I really just want hens (obviously). Is this "Pullet VS Bullet" thing true?
I think there is a old wives tale on this but there is a thread testing this.....

LINKS TO POST RESULTS ROUND OVAL = FEMALE MALE EGGS post #7595

Leave the navel alone or iodine or neosporin?

the liquid looked like water. Not jelly like at all.
iodine always on navels, they need to dry and close....

I know right?  chaos!!!! :hugs

thank you Ruby!! @RubyNala97
  :hugs

sorta like common core aint?

:lau

How do we check the Thermistor?  your sweet for helping me!  :hugs  

later louly Love!

ok soooooo check the other thing first? 
trying to get an order of check and replace....  He wants to buy a new one, I like this one, just dont heat up and work :gig

:gig yes you need a dance party or something.... give me time here... :gig I guess the tree is stayin up till tomorrow!  lol 

Really, its got holes big enough for a raccoon to get in where the roof meets the walls! :eek:
I got nooo trouble with ventilation in my coop. :/
Its on my to-do though and does have a tarp mostly covering it

Last edited:
I know right? chaos!!!!
hugs.gif

thank you Ruby!! @RubyNala97
hugs.gif

sorta like common core aint?

lau.gif

How do we check the Thermistor? your sweet for helping me!
hugs.gif

later louly Love!

ok soooooo check the other thing first?
trying to get an order of check and replace.... He wants to buy a new one, I like this one, just dont heat up and work
gig.gif

gig.gif
yes you need a dance party or something.... give me time here...
gig.gif
I guess the tree is stayin up till tomorrow! lol
I had 3 dishwashers at once; a son, a daughter, and a wife
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom