INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update - Set 18 Muscovy duck eggs on 12-27-2015. Eggs were quite dirty, so I cleaned them with warm water and chlorhexadine. Wanted to try the method @Sally Sunshine posted, but was too lazy and just went ahead with what I hand on hand.
hide.gif
Just candles them and have six clears, one blood ring and 11 that look viable.

12 / 18 x 100 = 66.67% fertile eggs

-Kathy

Last edited:
They have a lot of Calls, so lots of eggs... and most do not hatch ducks at this time of year... they're waaaay more messy than chickens and will have to stay inside for about 2 months, give or take... the real cold weather is coming up and acclimation to outside will take longer and be more difficult... just an fyi...
smile.png
oh I love ducks, had them since i was in the first grade, never hatched any in the incubator or had calls though, i have a pekin hen that just lost her mate so i was wanting some buddies for her, we have mild winters here

Hi All! I am feeling a little better now. Had a fever and slept all day, mum brought over soup and helped the spouse with our boys. Fever started going down so I went ahead and took a fever reducer. Still very weak. I wonder if I got salmonella from the chicks....
hmm.png
I did forget to wash my hands after handling them.

Anyway, I have two more eggs due in 4 days, another batch for my green egg project, so hopefully they both hatch and I might put 7 more into the brinsea.

oh I love ducks, had them since i was in the first grade, never hatched any in the incubator or had calls though, i have a pekin hen that just lost her mate so i was wanting some buddies for her, we have mild winters here

Just be careful of having bantam ducks with big ducks... it usually works if the big ones are female, but they can seriously injure smaller ones quickly, and even on accident... good luck...

Update - Set 18 Muscovy duck eggs on 12-27-2015. Eggs were quite dirty, so I cleaned them with warm water and chlorhexadine. Wanted to try the method @Sally Sunshine posted, but was too lazy and just went ahead with what I hand on hand. :oops: Just candles them and have six clears, one blood ring and 11 that look viable. 12 / 18 x 100 = 66.67% fertile eggs -Kathy
Love 'scovies!! Good luck with your hatch! :fl

I was! Hahaaha, my father in law bid on the eggs and won without telling me! and I can't do the shipped eggs by themselves, they're coming from West Virginia!! What if only one hatches, it needs a guarenteed buddy.

They're doing great! I can't even figure out which one is the air bubble one now, no bubbles that I can see. I've decided to keep 6 and the rest have homes lined up! hooray!
awesome saris!!

th.gif
Four posts in 30 M. Get posting!
hey @Frindizzle

Hi All! I am feeling a little better now. Had a fever and slept all day, mum brought over soup and helped the spouse with our boys. Fever started going down so I went ahead and took a fever reducer. Still very weak. I wonder if I got salmonella from the chicks....
hmm.png
I did forget to wash my hands after handling them.

Anyway, I have two more eggs due in 4 days, another batch for my green egg project, so hopefully they both hatch and I might put 7 more into the brinsea.
awwwww get better quickly sweetie!
clap.gif
come on babies!

Update - Set 18 Muscovy duck eggs on 12-27-2015. Eggs were quite dirty, so I cleaned them with warm water and chlorhexadine. Wanted to try the method @Sally Sunshine posted, but was too lazy and just went ahead with what I hand on hand.
hide.gif
Just candles them and have six clears, one blood ring and 11 that look viable.

12 / 18 x 100 = 66.67% fertile eggs

-Kathy
@casportpony

Love this! Did you opened those eggs up before you figured your numbers????? its a must!

clear eggs may contain both truly infertile or they may contain (fertile) embryos that died early, I have other links but cant find them on firefox my bookmarks are a mess and will never be right unless I go back to chrome see HERE: fertility in hatching eggs

EDIT: I lied, I had put them in the hatching 101 article!! sweet!

Last edited:
awesome saris!!

hey @Frindizzle

awwwww get better quickly sweetie!
clap.gif
come on babies!

@casportpony

Love this! Did you opened those eggs up before you figured your numbers????? its a must!

clear eggs may contain both truly infertile or they may contain (fertile) embryos that died early, I have other links but cant find them on firefox my bookmarks are a mess and will never be right unless I go back to chrome see HERE: fertility in hatching eggs
Welcome back, stranger. Was about to send a search party out for you

I KNEW there was something special about today; just couldn't put my finger on it. You feelin' o.k?
lau.gif
'Course I am!
man, couldn't imagine the thread wide panic if I happened to not post for a week...
idunno.gif

at least from the crowd who's day isn't done until I smack them.
smack.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom