INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, candled today and have 13/16 looking good with 3 clears. Will leave them in for 3 more days just in case, and pull them on day 10.

Hope everyone is having a good day - didn't read back to check.
smile.png

I'm going to look for photos now.

When I moved into current place I had to remodel it. The laundry door had a stain glass owl. It's now the door to my green house/ chicken coop. I simply don't throw anything away. At least not like that.

I'll get a picture and send it. Sure it was amature that did it but it was too cool to throw away

Did you ever stop in the hardware/tourists trap there and get some of their fudge?
Would love to see pictures. I put stained glass windows in my pig house, (which is now another chicken house..) They were windows I had architect students build for learning....I didn't get any fudge there. Totally missed that! I wasn't there long, Built the windows here and went up there for the installation.

I would have been a little over 30. Did you say a peacock for the front door? Wife is working on a quilt
for our bed out of peacocks.
yesss.gif
Will need a picture of that too!
big_smile.png
I will take a picture of my door as soon as it looks like something....

@casportpony , @TJChickens , @Phage :

Regarding R-Com turning - I have an R-Com 20 Max. At first I was using the universal rails - and because it plays the little song when turning, and because I'm compulsive, after I set I would get up and watch it turn the eggs. The eggs were NOT always being turned effectively and consistently with that set up. I got a rush shipment of the chicken egg shaped insert (not included) from Strombergs, (turning by hand as needed in the meanwhile) and put it in on day three. I've been watching it, and it has turned each egg very well and consistently every single time since. You do need to set the tray in firmly so each "position" has good contact with the turning belt.

The 20 egg tray is rated for chicken or duck eggs. I STRONGLY recommend getting one. Without it, I was really disappointed. With it, I've been delighted so far.

Just my experience.

- Ant Farm

Edit to add: Phage, they also have an insert for larger eggs. (There's also a quail one as well).
I didn't think the universal rails were very good either. The distributor recommended rollers, so I got those. I wonder if the trays are better... These are the rollers. They are supposed to turn the eggs more smoothly. You set the o rings where you need them. In this picture, I'm just using them to hold these shipped eggs upright. Normally, the eggs would lay on top of the rollers. I still have had lots of malpositions with these though.

I have the goose egg one that I use for pea eggs.

-Kathy
How did your pea eggs do with that turner? Any malpositions?

Ahh, just getting in the house for the day. Does everybody have a nice relaxing evening planned? It was a another day gone by taking care of animals. My travels today did take me by a TSC so of course I had to stop. 5 new pairs of Wranglers and a pair of Ariats later, I was outta there.

Mama is cooking dinner and Brit is making a cake so I think I'll catch up a bit.

I live in Ariats....

Ahh, just getting in the house for the day. Does everybody have a nice relaxing evening planned? It was a another day gone by taking care of animals. My travels today did take me by a TSC so of course I had to stop. 5 new pairs of Wranglers and a pair of Ariats later, I was outta there.

Mama is cooking dinner and Brit is making a cake so I think I'll catch up a bit.
Just ordered a new pair of Ariats today - current ones holding up well, but heel a bit ragged on the inside. (I wear the smallest men's size, 7D, have to order online). I LOVE Ariats...
love.gif

Used the goose egg tray for my first set of pea eggs, and I don't think any of those were malpo's, though 4 of the 10, the outer ones, all died.

-Kathy
When I first put in the chicken tray, the whole bottom row didn't turn right (again, compulsively checked). Turns out that end wasn't down far enough and not close enough to the roller surface. I pushed it all the way down (had to be firm), and then it's been fine. Your outer ones make me wonder if the corners weren't pushed down all the way. I had to push harder than I would have thought...

Would love to see pictures. I put stained glass windows in my pig house, (which is now another chicken house..) They were windows I had architect students build for learning....I didn't get any fudge there. Totally missed that! I wasn't there long, Built the windows here and went up there for the installation.

Will need a picture of that too!
big_smile.png
I will take a picture of my door as soon as it looks like something....

I didn't think the universal rails were very good either. The distributor recommended rollers, so I got those. I wonder if the trays are better... These are the rollers. They are supposed to turn the eggs more smoothly. You set the o rings where you need them. In this picture, I'm just using them to hold these shipped eggs upright. Normally, the eggs would lay on top of the rollers. I still have had lots of malpositions with these though.

How did your pea eggs do with that turner? Any malpositions?

I live in Ariats....
I would love that option - where did you get those rollers?

(And yes, lots of Ariat love here...)

- Ant Farm

I should add that my hatch isn't done yet - for all I know I may have malpositioned chicks as well, which would mean that the tray didn't make it better...

- Ant Farm

you just answered

have you investigated these?

Yes, I am trying. I was trying to get some kind of quick help, so the egg didnt die.
I got some help from WV on the runner thread and w/her help I check the egg and it was shrink wrapped (i think this) it is gone and there was a thin membrane covering the hole when i lifted the shell up.
The other 3 left that are pipping, I think i heard sound w/my stethoscope, but i was shaking, so i am not sure if i hear myself or the egg.
they may need some hatching assistance, but i will keep watch over them and interviene if i need to, wether i am right or wrong, I will learn from.
Thank You so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom