INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came home to this
@Sally Sunshine
@campingshaws

Won't stay still either! Hard to get a good picture

Perhaps I should turn off the turner :p

My hona pullet is trying to be broody. She's been making broody sounds for several days, and sleeping on the eggs at night. I'm thinking of giving her eggs back.

DO ET
If she sets do it
Maybe give her fake ones at first

I got sloppy collecting and she was setting four eggs, but still off during the day. I took those four and put them in the bator. She sat on an empty nest and then one eggs, and she may have two now. I can give her the original four, plus one from the counter. That'd be a good little clutch. She's 11 months.

I say the oven and furnaces are prime

Maybe you could rig a microwave turner in the grill

I know how the fever hits, suddenly everything is a prospective bator!
:lau

I need more bators. :lol:
This stuff is destined for the scrap yard and scrap metal prices are barely worth the trip right now. Better that I use every piece I can and save money on bators.

Hey all of you who may be worried about the little birds getting into your chickens pen and bringing bird flu; I found a source of affordable bird netting at Raintree Nursery. They sell fruit trees and have the bird netting to keep the birds out of the trees. They sell it by the foot at $1.50/ft in 5 foot increments and it is 22 feet wide. You can order the size you need.

Last edited:
I have started collecting my duck eggs for hatching and I cracked open a couple to see if they were even getting fertilized and one had blood in it. Does anyone know what this means?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom