INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
frow.gif
hugs.gif

Help! I have eggs that were due to hatch yesterday and still nothing. Candled 3 and the look good but not 1 pip out of 42 eggs. Temp is good. I am super confused!!!
Hi Champoux!
frow.gif
for us to help you we also need some questions answered.

Questions for you!
Yesterday was day 21
What bator are you using?
Fan or no Fan?
You are running at what temps?
You understand humidity is NOT a set number, most of us begin incubation 25-35% the first week and then adjust as needed per air cell growth/weight loss. And raise at lockdown
You have more than one thermo hygro and they had been calibrated?
You have rotated your eggs around the bator at candles?
Have you misted or washed the eggs?
where they shipped or your own eggs/local eggs?
How old were the eggs at set?
How old is your flock?
Turner or no turner?
Incubated upright or horizontal?

Can you get pics uploaded of your marked air cells by chance?

Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching

Hope u don't mind Sally but does anyone have any silkies forsale even chicks older silkies that don't lay as much or hatching eggs near McVeytown mourn Union or Lewistown please pm if if u have any thanks
frow.gif

Sorry I've tried several times to load more pics from my fishing trip tonight but....my data is out and can't.....we caught several walleye too. Mostly small ones though....but I did get a real nice eater......the pike dad pretty nice too....the it back though didn't need any more fish.....gave the walleye to my fishing partner...
clap.gif

ya.gif

Lower humidity more? Was only running 25%. I calibrated the humidity thingy twice so I know its correct. The eggs are day 7. The few days I stored these eggs for this set I had a humidifier running to keep humidity at around 40-50% in the room I was keeping them.

@Sally Sunshine
No!!! dont go lower! candle again at day 10

I set 22 eggs 4 days ago!! I ordered one of those candlers off amazon and I was super excited to try it. I'm amazed at the difference vs. flashlight. 21 of the eggs look great I could see veins very clearly. 3 of the eggs look clear for now but I'll test them again in a few days.

Looks like our fertility rate went up! Last time I set 12 eggs and 5 were clear.

I set 22 eggs 4 days ago!! I ordered one of those candlers off amazon and I was super excited to try it. I'm amazed at the difference vs. flashlight. 21 of the eggs look great I could see veins very clearly. 3 of the eggs look clear for now but I'll test them again in a few days.

Looks like our fertility rate went up! Last time I set 12 eggs and 5 were clear.
sweet!! which one did you order? now we get to see your candle images! lol

awesome on the fertility!!!

Hope u don't mind Sally but does anyone have any silkies forsale even chicks older silkies that don't lay as much or hatching eggs near McVeytown mourn Union or Lewistown please pm if if u have any thanks

:frow

Sorry I've tried several times to load more pics from my fishing trip tonight but....my data is out and can't.....we caught several walleye too. Mostly small ones though....but I did get a real nice eater......the pike dad pretty nice too....the it back though didn't need any more fish.....gave the walleye to my fishing partner...

:clap
:ya

[CONTENTEMBED=/t/1046313/incubating-w-friends-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends/64300_50#post_16638619 layout=inline] [/CONTENTEMBED]
Lower humidity more? Was only running 25%. I calibrated the humidity thingy twice so I know its correct. The eggs are day 7. The few days I stored these eggs for this set I had a humidifier running to keep humidity at around 40-50% in the room I was keeping them.

[@=/u/162672/Sally-Sunshine]@Sally Sunshine[/@]

No!!!  dont go lower!  candle again at day 10 
Your first message said perhaps lower & candle at day 10. After lots of searching & pulling out my hair out I'm horrible at math. I've finally figured out that my eggs that I've calculated so far are running 1 to 1 1/2 grams underweight for day 7. So that says I need to bump humidity just a smidge correct?

Last edited:
Good evening everyone. Just thought I'd hop on and give a quick update on my hatch. 24 out so far and 6 more pipped. 2 of them aren't doing anything though. 8 hours into day 21. Hoping everyone is hatched in the morning and I can get a good group photo. Hope everyone is well and has a great night!
hugs.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
highfive.gif
cant wait to see them!!! good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom