INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use it anyway.... Got a straight jacket?

Its 11 pm and i wont sleep tonight because my freind is telling me he is ready to come out of the shell! Goodness it wont be quit and i hope to be there when it pips i just hope it has done everything right. You know postioning and all.

New to hatching and to this forum.  My first hatch didn't go as planned.  I had 14 eggs and 6 weren't fertile (that was a fun project with my son thought)  and the other 8 didn't hatch on Monday as expected.  I had built it up so much that I was really disappointed when they didn't hatch, and then a few days of roller coaster ups and downs based on responses I was getting to my questions and pictures I had posted about the float test.    I still have six eggs from the 3/21 scheduled hatch and I am not giving up on them, just trusting my gut.  they are 4 days overdue  but I was having trouble getting the temp right since it was a borrowed bator ..  it was 92 for the first 6 days and on day 6 I got it up to 99.5 so I am giving them until Sunday before I toss them. they are in their own bator so they will not hurt anything if, God forbid, one explodes.  I did to a float test and got great results (based on the awesome article I found on this site ......  but several folks have indicated that those aren't accurate and I should just throw the 6 away..... my gut tells me to give it to sunday..  maybe I am a softie but the 'float test post" was so well written and had a LOT of similar responses and I followed it to a T ..  and I know there are LOTS of opinions... I am too new to have an opnion so in this case I just go with my gut...

I have another 25 eggs that are on day 18 so we will be candling tonight..  I have learned so much from these threads and I am SO THANKFUL to everyone for the information they have shared..  I hope this batch nets with better results, temps and humidity have been spot on so I am hopeful.  I am loving it so much I asked for two bators as birthday gifts, so with the two borrowed ones I have and the two new ones I should have a fun Spring/Summer!
:fl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom