INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and Welcome to BYC! There is a great article on hatching them... Hopefully someone will post a link. I have a batch in my RCOM 20, which works perfectly for chicken eggs. About half way through on 11 Muscovy eggs, so check back in a two weeks and I'll give you an update.

-Kathy
Hi Kathy,
How did your hatch of Muscovies go? I have a big batch in an incubator now & they are about half way done. This is my first time incubating. The mom was doing a great job for the first week an a half then the drake chased her away. I did find momma duck a few days later but, I ran out & bought an incubator & gathered her eggs the first day she left. I just want to be sure I'm doing everything right. The incubator is a still air one & I have it set for 101.4 degrees since it fluctuates a lil sometimes. I turn them 3 times a day also. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx a bunch!! :)

Last edited:
Duck question
Do I need to lock them in their duck house for a few days so they learn where home is? Like I have to with chickens?

I kind of remember as much as I've tried to block out.

They had retired the chisel and stone but we did use an abacus for the first couple years. No, I'm not kidding. It was so modern, the beads were actually plastic instead of wood.
Calculators weren't around for another 20 years.
Only calculator out then was Texas Instruments. Not only couldn't most of us afford them, but we weren't allowed to use them, anyway. PC's were unheard of; no Personal Computers, no Politically Correct (whatever the h3ll that's supposed to mean)

I sowwy. Many times I miss posts because I don't always read back. I jump on, jump in, and jump off. Sounds like another aspect of my life, come to think of it...
hide.gif
At least you're 2 for 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom