INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The temp is 100 and not sure what you mean by what level on The egg is that temp ( am I supposed to actually check egg temp?) I will take a pic and try to upload. I lowered humidity last night the best I can. Thanks for responding!

Level in still air incubators is important.
Incubator temp should be 99.5 in a forced air incubator (with fan). In still air, the temp will stratify. At the top of the egg it should be 100.5. Theoretically, that will have the center of the egg at the desired 99.5 because that's an inch lower - more or less.

The temp is 100 and not sure what you mean by what level on The egg is that temp ( am I supposed to actually check egg temp?) I will take a pic and try to upload. I lowered humidity last night the best I can. Thanks for responding!
can you get a pic of the air cell size pencil mark it or snap a candle image?  lower humidity is all you can do.

what temp are you running at and what level on the egg is that temp ? 
Welcome to BYC
[/IMG]

Level in still air incubators is important.
Incubator temp should be 99.5 in a forced air incubator (with fan). In still air, the temp will stratify. At the top of the egg it should be 100.5. Theoretically, that will have the center of the egg at the desired 99.5 because that's an inch lower - more or less.
when I candle the egg what should the pointy end look like?

Waffles (the black), Biscuits (the lavender) & Gravy (the lavender with pink leg band). Big difference in size between them. Waffles is the oldest by one day over Biscuits and two days over Gravy. Will get pics of Toast tomorrow evening.

when I candle the egg what should the pointy end look like?

The pointy end in the first week of incubation should look like it does at the beginning. There should be veins running around the yolk and albumen.
Green eggs will be very hard to see anything. If incubating blue, green or very dark eggs, I just weigh them rather than candle.

The pointy end in the first week of incubation should look like it does at the beginning. There should be veins running around the yolk and albumen.
Green eggs will be very hard to see anything. If incubating blue, green or very dark eggs, I just weigh them rather than candle.
I know it looks greenish in the picture but in person its more of an off white. There are many veins at bottom its almost a clear look. I have no clue what kind ofnduck egg as we live near many farms as well as a large creek. It was so strange to find one single egg in driveway with no nest anywhere that I could find.

An EGG!!!! My Christmas chicks are starting. I heard the egg song this afternoon and found this at chore time. It is a bit oval, but it is not small. :woot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom