INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mutts are hard to tell... One of the two that I kept from my last big mutt-hatch is definitely a boy. The other seems to be a pullet. They're only about 10 weeks old, but his rooster feathers are definitely coming in, as well as the bright red pea comb...

While the moms do you have "collars" this boy has a collar like his father. His tail has stringy feathers too.

Last edited:
I still don't understand the grafting thing. I did a little reading on it, but I'll read up a little more when the fall comes... I went to the "nursery" or "greenhouse" yesterday and picked up some more plants to put in the garden. The seeds I started are growing, but the plants I bought are way bigger than the ones I started... I'm still interested to see how they will do.
They are looking good and yours will catch up. Some of my squash is up. I'll end up with about 8 tomato plants. Should be planted today. It's been raining so in between that I've been getting stuff done this weekend. A cucumber plant is up not an ordinary cucumber looks nothing like a cucumber buts it's great, crisp and flavorful

I've never tried pumpkins. I was wanting to try watermelons this year, but only 4 of the seeds sprouted.

Try a good winter squash like Hubbard what you don't eat the chickens will during the winter months. They last a very long time stored in a cool dry place. I have three winter squash left from last year still very firm not Hubbard but the same idea. Unfortunately the rats do like these :lau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom