INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would really normally read through this stuff instead of ask, but im in a jamb here. I have the brinsea octagon 20 eco with automatic turner. First time hatcher here. I ran it for 2 days prior to getting my eggs. it said 99.5. good to go! It came with a separate temp and humidity gadget to put inside along with the bulb thermometer. Ok! I get my eggs, very important eggs non the less. Get the bator up and running on Friday, it holds the 99.5 mark for 24 hours. I put in the eggs and it plummets to 97. ok, give it awhile to catch back up right? so I did. it went to 98.7 and would not get any higher. I adjusted the temp with the screw and it went up to 100.7. dang it. so I got it to 99.5. cool! then check and it keeps fluctuating. As the thing is turning on the automatic turner the thermometer is changing !!!!!!! what do I do, is this right? HELPPP!!!! I am on day 2. and im crying so hard. I do not want to mess these Sultan eggs up.
see below

Quote: yes

Good evening everyone!

frow.gif

Quote: x2
hugs.gif
your fine! set is so you dont go under 99.5 and not above 102 with a fan and CALIBRATED THERMO HYGROS
WHAT IS your model fan or no fan? Incubators with fans and without fans need to run at DIFFERENT TEMPS! post #31175
I run 100.5 101 do you know some schools run up to 102.5 so they have a shorter hatch.
see this for temp ranges....
What is the maximum and minimum range of temp I can go before killing the chicks? post #12473
ok, I am seeing that when my automatic turner cradle turns the eco the temp is different than when it is straight up and down. the cradle rocks the eggs and as they rock the temperatures are changing. I ran the bator for a few days to make sure the temp on the glass bulb thermometer and the digital thermometer/humidity one were correct and stable. they were. i am letting it sit from 2 to 5 hours for any changes, and only after it has remained closed for the entire time.
thumbsup.gif

It looks like decorator rocks to prevent drowning... But this is coming from me...

Since there is no room under the screen in my bator, i used these glass stones to help with temp stability. The larger ones are just laid around the vents. The small blue ones are in the water wells. The blue color helps me see when putting in water. Can't tell with the egg turner in if i'm hitting the well or if i'm fixin to get my foot poured on cause i accidentally put the water in the vent area.

?

I don't see a well there, that is a ledge for the wire to go over the wells... the one in the middle I don't think is meant to be filled. My understanding is only the part with blue rocks is meant to be filled... Apologies if I'm misunderstanding you. :oops:
-Banti

Edit: That base looks exactly like my LG 9200's base. That's what it is, right @chattery41
?

Hmm ok possibly. My 9200 is designed a bit differently. Not sure if it's newer or older but my water wells are straight in the middle and have a 90 degree bend on the outside around the corner. No squares all the way around like this one. Is the outer part with the green rocks not designed to be filled? Mine has the holes on top of the ledges where the metal tray sits.

On top of the fridge... In the one drawer you never go into... Or craft cases... That's what I do anyway. Hi camping. Hope your day is better. Sending you big hugs!

My money's on the goats

They've been missing longer than the goats have been here. :oops: :oops:

I've checked all the regular places, so I guess I need to start digging into the irregular places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom