INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night Yall
Night Yokel!
frow.gif

Need some experienced hatching advice. This is my first go and stressed doesn't even cover it. Day 21 yesterday. 3 chicks out and amazing me. One egg external pip noted about 2 am. Pretty big hole. Could see beak peaking out this am. Had to go to work. Husband checked at 11. I am attaching pic. I have video but don't think that will upload. Beak opening and closing like gasping. No cheeps. Yellow froth around face (see pic). He tilted egg slightly to let froth run into towel. Then set it back with pip hole facing up cheeping now. This afternoon, still in egg. I got home and froth had dried and chick stuck. I lubricated with moist qtips and freed him up. Was totally stuck. Chipped away shell slightly and set him back in inc hole up cheeping, resting some, squiggling some. Gonna let him try to work it out. Humidity increased to 75%. Was running 65-70. Any thought on the yellow froth around face and why that happened? Thank you so much! I am learning soooo much!

Today I got my f2 Olive egger eggs for the Easter hatch!!! And they are beautiful!!! They were also packaged amazingly! There were styrofoam only the sides of the box, and then the eggs were in wrapped in 2 layers (paper towel and bubble wrap). And they were in all in a bed of wood chips. I got 8 eggs, and only 2 are cracked. But it all works out because my incubator only holds 7 eggs, and now I have room for my Silkie egg. Here they are:

Need some experienced hatching advice. This is my first go and stressed doesn't even cover it. Day 21 yesterday. 3 chicks out and amazing me. One egg external pip noted about 2 am. Pretty big hole. Could see beak peaking out this am. Had to go to work. Husband checked at 11. I am attaching pic. I have video but don't think that will upload. Beak opening and closing like gasping. No cheeps. Yellow froth around face (see pic). He tilted egg slightly to let froth run into towel. Then set it back with pip hole facing up cheeping now. This afternoon, still in egg. I got home and froth had dried and chick stuck. I lubricated with moist qtips and freed him up. Was totally stuck. Chipped away shell slightly and set him back in inc hole up cheeping, resting some, squiggling some. Gonna let him try to work it out. Humidity increased to 75%. Was running 65-70. Any thought on the yellow froth around face and why that happened? Thank you so much! I am learning soooo much!
@Sally Sunshine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom