INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
hugs.gif
love yer avy!!! she aint near as beautiful as you though!

Hi Everyone!!! Can I jump in here and hatch a long with you?

I have been on hatching hiatus for a long time because I had a baby! Well he's almost 1yr old now and I caught the hatching bug again. I finally have some time to think about incubating and raising baby chicks!

I got a GQF Sportsman 1502 (thanks husband!!!) cabinet incubator and I have 3 sets of eggs in it right now. This is my first time hatching in it, so success rate remains to be seen!

Previously I used a styrofoam bator and hatcher. I am planning to use my styrofoam forced air incubator as a hatcher so my cabinet incubator stays nice and clean.

My chicken eggs are due to hatch on the next 3 Sundays (and beyond): 3/27, 4/3, and 4/10! Anyone else hatching on these days? :D

I am also incubating turkey eggs! My first set of 4 turkey eggs were clear on day 14 so they were removed, I am hoping it was a fluke and not that my tom is infertile. I know the jennys are being mated..

My turkey eggs are due to hatch on Sundays too, 4/10 and 4/17!

I have 3 turkey jennys, and one is BROODY right now! I have her on some fake eggs and I plan to switch in some chicks or poults for her when they hatch. I am worried about infertility of the turkey eggs, I wanted her to raise poults but if no poults hatch then I will just give her some chicks I guess...

pics!!

GQF:
row 1: day 16 [29 eggs]
row 2: day 9 [18 eggs]
row 3: day 2 [20 eggs]
turkey eggs are in the far back, there's 15 total [day 9 & 2]

my hatch sheet!
WELCOME!!!!! you seen my sheets lol >?

I have chicks this weekend, ducks the following, lockdown too, and more thereafter lmao I used to have very detailed hatching notes but I find the sharpie color codes work just as well for me now

HAL update...I locked down 19 of the 33 shipped eggs last night. The rest were clears. How do you guys figure your hatching ratios? Include the clears in the ratio? Has anyone used genetic testing to sex Silkie chicks since they take so long to figure out?
I dont think so on the silkies! Good Luck with the rest Joanne!!
HOW to figure out HATCH RATE post #4601

Quote: I haven't read the link yet, but I can tell you that I have seen a few hens with "pasty" butt.

-Kathy
he asked about pasty butt so I gave the link for it

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I'm a newbie looking to get some chickens and have my own organic eggs. :) looking for tips and new friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom