INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easter hatch doing well. 11 eggs in lockdown. 5 are currently pipped. Also have a broody hen- have 7 eggs under her now. This is the hen with a previous eye injury- she's been in a nesting box going on a couple weeks, but not sitting on eggs. She stayed on fake eggs yesterday night, so we put real ones under her today. She took a break and made a new nest next to the eggs and was getting frustrated expecting the eggs to move to her... Silly bird

So just wondering does anyone want to start a thread for those who can't get any eggs to hatch or even pip. We could all complain together it would be a blast! :D I must mention though it is fun seeing all these chicks! :D

They should have a Easter egg dying competition.

So just wondering does anyone want to start a thread for those who can't get any eggs to hatch or even pip. We could all complain together it would be a blast!
big_smile.png
I must mention though it is fun seeing all these chicks!
big_smile.png
Awww, try to learn what went wrong and TRY AGAIN. I am having WAY better luck with the local eggs I got, than I have with shipped eggs, so that can also play a huge part!!

I'd join the thread, because I had some HORRIBLE hatches. I only got 8 out of 19 in my last one in the death bator. I already have 8 hatched with 5 pips in my new Brinsea....

I am going to say that the 4 fans, and tight seal on the Brinsea case made a HUGE difference. If I keep hatching, it will absolutely be worth the extra money. The downside is the way the turner tilts the whole incubator, and I had an egg fall out....
hit.gif
I'd be ok if I had dropped it, but to open the cover and have an egg come flying at me, really upset me. If I had faster reflexes, maybe I could have caught it?

Am I right assuming that they hatched late as well?

One thing you can do is build a box around the incubator at a distance that will help hold heat in but still allow transpiration of oxygen. Is the light on all the time?

That is exciting to become famous in the local chicken world.

As soon as you pull them from the hatcher. Otherwise you may never tell them apart.

There are many home built incubators in the learning center tab above.
yes, they were late hatching. The first batch, I had them in a room the light was barely on. The second batch, it was on part of the time

I am hoping to upgrade my incubator by next year to a view bator is what I think it's called. I just innovated a little giant incubator this year just for the Easter Hal in hopes for my first hatch and it isn't looking good to be honest. Tomorrow is day 21 so we will see. :D

Hello! And welcome to the thread!
As for the build it yourself bators, Sally's design on the first page of this thread is likely the easiest for a DIY bator. All of the parts can be easily sourced and assembled, with minimal tools and experience.
Sally used the 'KISS' principle, and it works fantastic for those that have duplicated her efforts.
Good insulation, good temp control, and easy cleaning and operation.
Did I mention you are now a charter member of 'hatchaholics anonymous' ? Welcome again, we are all here to help (and enable) :lau
thank you! I never knew chickens would be this addictive. Lol. I love them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom