INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...I thought I'd finally get to catch up with reading some posts here this evening but I can't keep my dang eyes open!!
1f61e.png

Guess cleaning all the brooders out, cleaning out the pen for the litter of pups, picking kids up, dance practice for my daughter and checking/feeding everyone at the farm tonight caught up with me...Thursday's are crazy days for us (yawn!!)

Yes it's hard to sleep in my bed because my dog sleeps with me and she usually kicks u in the head and this time she kicked my in the neck

I am back. See you didn't even miss me.

So @kwhites634 any work on the coop today?
@MotorcycleChick Are you feeling better?
@Jessimom How are the chicks and eggs?
C...106 how is the chick with the bad foot?
Hi Dax! Chicks are doing great! My spraddle leg chick is spraddled no more. A bit smaller than the others, but she's feisty! I see I logged in after you said good night, so I'll say good night back to you, I'll catch you tomorrow!!

I now have 26 chicks I have a few eggs still in the incubator but I don't think any more will hatch. I had a 70% hatch my best ever.

My brother gave some bantam eggs to hatch for him and I put in some LF eggs from my chicks. I need to give the bantams back to my brother. My problem is some of my eggs were pullet eggs and a few of the chicks I'm not sure if they are a bantam or a LF chick. I'm driving 270 miles to deliver his chicks so I really don't want to take any of the wrong chicks.

I'm letting my brother borrow my incubator for awhile. So I really to get working on my coolor bator So I can set some more
You are a nice sibling to hatch for your brother AND let him use your 'bator!!! If you mix up a couple, would it matter? You would it create too many problems for you to have a bantam chicken or for him to have a LF?

It's not fowl. But I threw it together in about five minutes.
Wow Seth, that is REALLY nice!! Great job! Good luck at your first day at work! Don't fall in!!!

Last edited:
Hi Dax!  Chicks are doing great!  My spraddle leg chick is spraddled no more.  A bit smaller than the others, but she's feisty!    I see I logged in after you said good night, so I'll say good night back to you, I'll catch you tomorrow!!

You are a nice sibling to hatch for your brother AND let him use your 'bator!!!  If you mix up a couple, would it matter?  You would it create too many problems for you to have a bantam chicken or for him to have a LF?  

Wow Seth, that is REALLY nice!!  Great job!  Good luck at your first day at work!  Don't fall in!!!
I won't.And thank u.I'm gonna work on a big piece soon

The one with the yolk? So sorry.

-Kathy

No the one with the yolk is thriving and absorbing well it was the polish chick with the mysterious weak neck that passed away:hit
I miss her lots but I have to remember that when my Lord says it's time for something to go than I need to let go, I need to put the pen back I his hands and let Him write.

I hate when the post office does not scan packages for updates on their trip cross country. My eggs should be here in California tomorrow, but as far as USPS is concerned, they are still sitting at the post office in New Jersey....

I hate when the post office does not scan packages for updates on their trip cross country.  My eggs should be here in California tomorrow, but as far as USPS is concerned,  they are still sitting at the post office in New Jersey....

That's our mail system... The videos of employees throwing packages and destroying things makes me wonder so much.

No the one with the yolk is thriving and absorbing well it was the polish chick with the mysterious weak neck that passed away:hit
I miss her lots but I have to remember that when my Lord says it's time for something to go than I need to let go, I need to put the pen back I his hands and let Him write.

Sorry about the chick. I think everyone has different viewpoints on when it's time to let something go. I personally say it's sometimes good to help, but other times it's going to go, so let it. I don't like hospitals keeping people alive for amounts of time being tube fed, never recovering, awaiting someone in their family to finally say it's time. That is harder than just letting go when it happens. I've had so many family members and close friends pass it's hard. But you learn eventually it was for one reason or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom