INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's our mail system... The videos of employees throwing packages and destroying things makes me wonder so much.
The vast majority are good employees, but there are a VERY few bad apples, that treat packages horribly. The most damaging thing is the conveyor belts that packages travel on. If the eggs off load with a heavy package behind them, it's just like luggage at the baggage check in an airport. It travels down a conveyor belt, until it lands into a basket and everything comes down on top of it.

It's amazing eggs or anything glass makes it....

I think I'm calling it a night everyone... See you all tommorrow!
big_smile.png
Good night!!

@casportpony For those unawares I am doing an experiment with this hatch I let 5 of the quail eggs sit in 100 degree vinegar, checked with a thermo, for between 5 and 6 minutes. I hope to be able to candle Coturnix Quail eggs more easily by removing the "paint" on the shell. I only selected less than 12 grams eggs for this purpose, selected at random. I would like to see if this decreases Hatchability, or is neutral.
Very good! I would place them randomly on the tray and not in 1 rowe! to eliminate any chanch that the spot they are, is influencing their hatcabilty. Tell us the % hatcabilty rate, I am very interested in that!

Last edited:
I started with 10, 3 didnt develop and I tossed them by day 14, 3 hatched, and these 4 didn't. They were all moving around at day 18. Not sure what they died of. I cracked open the shell where the air sac was but did not open the membranes. I can see they were pretty much developed but something must have happened or they just weren't strong enough. Don't think it was my temp though because I'm doing a staggered hatch and I had another one hatch yesterday just fine. 3 more left to hatch in the next few days.

Thanks! I'm not giving up. Already have 12+ eggs in there again.
1f601.png
This is my third hatch only and this has been my worst hatch ever so actually I'm wondering if my thermometers/hygrometers are off. Anyone know any easy way to calibrate them?

So I think I figured out what I had done wrong with my last hatch. It wasn't the thermometer/hygrometer because I got a new one and it was pretty close to matching my old one. After this most recent hatch #4, 10 out of 12 hatched a couple days ago and still waiting on 2... I think it was because I was not turning the eggs from hatch #3 as much as I should have. I totally slacked off and that's the only thing I did differently from my first 2 hatches and my 4th which all have very high hatch rates. Anyway, just wanted to share that in case anyone is wondering if turning is truly important or not... It is!!!

Anyone think my roo could possibly have cancer? I looked up types and his seems exactly the same to some of them...

Cancer ocur in avery metazoan creatures from all kingdoms! Even trees have cancer! ( but they don't die from them! They do not make secindery tumors ( metastases) becous the cancer cells dont traven in the xylem and floem like in the blood vesicles) so your rooster can have cancer!

Last edited:
Cancer ocur in avery metazoan creatures from all kingdoms! Even trees have cancer! ( but they don't die from them! They do not make secindery tumors ( metastases) becous the cancer cells dont traven in the xylem and floem like in the blood vesicles) so your rooster can have cancer!
Hi Benny,

My BF's dog is being put down tomorrow because the cancer that was in the back leg that we had taken off a few months ago has traveled to the hip of her other back leg and has cracked the hip joint in 3 places and she can no longer stand. She was walking fine the day before yesterday, and just collapsed crying in pain. That night we found out about the cancer in her hip. Two weeks ago we had found it in her lungs as well. She is 56.7 KG, so it's not easy to help stand/walk/relieve herself. She can't move or crawl without help, so we feel its in her best interests to let her go. But, that is a TOUGH decision to make....
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Hi Benny,

My BF's dog is being put down  tomorrow because the cancer that was in the back leg that we had taken off a few months ago has traveled to the hip of her other back leg and has cracked the hip joint in 3 places and she can no longer stand. She was walking fine the day before yesterday, and just collapsed crying in pain.  That night we found out about the cancer in her hip. Two weeks ago we had found it in her lungs as well.  She is 56.7 KG, so it's not easy to help stand/walk/relieve herself.  She can't move or crawl without help, so we feel its in her best interests to let her go.   But, that is a TOUGH decision to make....:hit :hit :hit :hit :hit  

:hugs. So sorry.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom