INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
frow.gif
frow.gif
frow.gif

Yeah, one: leave the eggs in the turner & let them hatch, as long as the large end is up; you can pull the shells later. Plenty of folks hatch that way. Not saying it's ideal, but it'll work, as long as the chick doesn't pip the wrong end. There is the risk of a chick hurting itself on the turner; you'd have to keep an eye on them.

I wish I would've seen your reply earlier. I tried warm water, then Dawn soap, olive oil got one to twist out, then broke another while twisting it. What a mess that was to clean up! I figure I'm not losing anything by letting them stay there. They aren't anything fancy, but I don't have any white layers, so I got some leghorn eggs to hatch. Fingers crossed I get a few healthy pullets. Thanks for the advice. (= PJ

Cancer ocur in avery metazoan creatures from all kingdoms! Even trees have cancer! ( but they don't die from them! They do not make secindery tumors ( metastases) becous the cancer cells dont traven in the xylem and floem like in the blood vesicles) so your rooster can have cancer!

I have never once thought about Trees having cancer. It makes sense though.

The rooster is still the same, but more lethargic. His poop now stinks really bad, the levels of smell increasing. I have been changing out the pad he is on every couple of hours. He won't stand and kinda flops on one side with his wings droopy. His head is the only thing that moves, and only moves for food, water, and looking at me when I come in. The rest of the time it's down in the feeder in front of him. I think I may cull him tonight, no change, and sadly he is going to get culled down the line anyway... Anyone have any suggestions tonight? I'm just not wanting him to suffer. He acts like he's in pain when I pick him up now. He wasn't like that yesterday, but I'm wondering if he is going downhill and can't hide the pain anymore.

I am so sorry to hear that:(I had a hen with Mereks and your Roos symptoms sound like what my hen was hpgoing through if I were in your shoes I would cull him I would have culled my hen but she passed before I had the chance :(

Well, 7 years ago today, my family had to call my boss, to tell them I'd be out of the office for a month or so.  My appendix had burst and I waited 3 days before going to the doctor. After a 6 hour surgery, it turned out to be a not so fun recovery.  My boss later told me that he had hoped it was a horrible april fools joke.   I will say that the absolute BEST thing about that hospital stay were the therapy dogs that visited.  First was a Dalmatian, a few days later was a chocolate lab.  They were both tall enough to just rest their heads on the edge of the bed and visit.  

You didn't feel the pain?
It was a nasty, dedly situation...
You are on antibiotics?

Hey, any advice on ducklings and geese? Mine develop and die right before hatch. I am getting really disheartened. I can see some trying to pip and they die before cracking the shell.

I have some Australian Spotted eggs and I really want to get this figured out. I hate losing babies this way. It breaks my heart. Plus my Sebastopol eggs are going to waste.
hu.gif

I have hatched three babies and lost about 20. This is not acceptable.

You didn't feel the pain?
It was a nasty, dedly situation...
You are on antibiotics?
I caught mine right away. So awful!

I was sick that morning and in surgery by early afternoon. Not something to mess around with. In the military they lay you on your back and slap your right heel. If it causes more pain, go to the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom