INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
caf.gif

Good Morning Everyone!

@Sally Sunshine

Our 1st broody hatched 5/6 yesterday. We looked at the 6th egg- looks like died in she'll. smelled horrible. Put it in the trap and caught a coon overnight, so put to good use. We grafted 4 blue andalusians on her last night- currently appears to be successful. We are currently happy as mama ended up locked out of her nest on 2 occasions and we are unsure how long he eggs went uncovered.

our second broody is sitting on 6. Started on 7, but one broke open day 1. Another egg ended up with a small crack that was waxed. She is due to hatch next week.

Oh, me, too!!!!! I was enjoying the Banti-baiting because I also found all the images ridiculously cute, but had NO desire to actually get any. Best of both worlds!
gig.gif

hugs.gif

hugs.gif
I hope you have a good day.
hugs.gif

I have a lot of windows, so it's really hard to find anywhere dark during the day. I ended up just always candling at night, so I could control the light with a lamp.
hu.gif

OK, off to check the scalder and do the deed. Wish me luck.

- Ant Farm
Good luck.

@Sally Sunshine

Our 1st broody hatched 5/6 yesterday. We looked at the 6th egg- looks like died in she'll. smelled horrible. Put it in the trap and caught a coon overnight, so put to good use. We grafted 4 blue andalusians on her last night- currently appears to be successful. We are currently happy as mama ended up locked out of her nest on 2 occasions and we are unsure how long he eggs went uncovered.

our second broody is sitting on 6. Started on 7, but one broke open day 1. Another egg ended up with a small crack that was waxed. She is due to hatch next week.

Good job on all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom