Incubating

It's because she was egg number 5, its a Short Circuit reference :lol: she was named before she even fully hatched!

Don't feel like you have to rush through your grieving, it will take time, maybe even more if you end up with a Jr reminding you of its dad! Don't put any pressure on yourself to get through it before they hatch :hugs

At least at 7 days any development should be obvious, even to a first timer, so you won't be messing with your emotions more than you have to, there will either be something to see or there won't. Any doubt though do post pics as someone will be able to help you.

Ha I love it -good movie !!
Thanks! Yeah my tears come and go at reminders just when I think I’m fine I think of something to get me going. Thanks for or support.
Good to know it’ll be evident I cannot wait to see but hey if not all will be good and I will start the second attempt : )

By my calculations it has been a week, even with the assumed time difference, so have you tried candling any eggs yet? :pop

I candled the first two and posted in here to double check - it was day 8 two days ago and there were no signs just a yolk blob no veins nothing. I have three more eggs in there that I candles on day 4 yesterday and I didn’t see anything either. I’m pretty devastated because now I think none of her eggs were fertile. But I still have the three in waiting on day 7 to candle and know for sure :*( thanks for asking

I candled the first two and posted in here to double check - it was day 8 two days ago and there were no signs just a yolk blob no veins nothing. I have three more eggs in there that I candles on day 4 yesterday and I didn’t see anything either. I’m pretty devastated because now I think none of her eggs were fertile. But I still have the three in waiting on day 7 to candle and know for sure :*( thanks for asking
Aw I'm sorry :( and I should have checked if you'd posted somewhere else first.

You did put the 4 day olds back in the incubator?

Yes. I’m trying to be hopeful I actually just turned them for the night. I don’t know what to do if it doesn’t work out. I defeintly need to wait until June 1 because I am moving so I figured I can’t risk any transporting in middle of incubating. I’m hesitant to buy eggs online anyway so I really don’t know what to do even local hatcheries are insisting I cannot pick up and must ship for 30-50$

I just looked at your other post and saw that Franklin died too!? :hit

I am so sorry :hugs
Yes something clearly was stalking and the minute I turned my back. I just don’t understand how I can watch her all day long on my step I worked from outside and right when I went inside I had my boyfriend check and she was fine 5 mins later I went to get her and bring her inside for the night with us and just like that same kill during daylight with our door open and dogs sitting here. Unlike donald she was gone. So now both my ducks my first ducks ever are gone. I only was left with five of their eggs. I just wish one day would go by I don’t cry. This is so hard and looking back on the past two and half years I never missed putting them in their cage at night I only worried about night time and there were so many other times the year could have died but didn’t. I have to raise the future ducks my second time around differently less Free ranging for sure I don’t want this to ever happen again

Yes. I’m trying to be hopeful I actually just turned them for the night. I don’t know what to do if it doesn’t work out. I defeintly need to wait until June 1 because I am moving so I figured I can’t risk any transporting in middle of incubating. I’m hesitant to buy eggs online anyway so I really don’t know what to do even local hatcheries are insisting I cannot pick up and must ship for 30-50$

If you need eggs and aren't picky on breeds, I have mixed breed eggs I can send you.

Very sorry to hear you lost your female as well :hugs

Back
Top Bottom