Incubation Humidity Dropped Over Night

Renada_

Chirping
Mar 3, 2023
It’s day 15 of incubation and my humidity dropped from 55% to 38% overnight. When I came to check I immediately brought it right back up. Now I know the humidity is high, but I read that in Oklahoma my humidity should be about 55%-60%, I’m not sure if that’s actually true, but I am keeping it 50%-55%, or at least trying. My humidity has been very difficult this time and I’m not sure why. I’m assuming the change in seasons may be doing it. Anyway, could the humidity drop have killed all of my chicks??

It’s day 15 of incubation and my humidity dropped from 55% to 38% overnight. When I came to check I immediately brought it right back up. Now I know the humidity is high, but I read that in Oklahoma my humidity should be about 55%-60%, I’m not sure if that’s actually true, but I am keeping it 50%-55%, or at least trying. My humidity has been very difficult this time and I’m not sure why. I’m assuming the change in seasons may be doing it. Anyway, could the humidity drop have killed all of my chicks??
No it shouldn’t
Mine has dropped in the night and not affected my hatches

This happened to me my last hatch and no. I had a bad hatch but it was more to the fact that my oldest was clumsy and accidently scrambled two of her siblings air sacs after hatching. Her little brother I thought was a goner for sure and I decided to candle one last time before turning off the incubator. He was about to internally pip so I very carefully put him back in and he hatched about 8-9 hours later. If they haven't pipped internally or externally you should be good. If it's pipped internally you should be able to hear it chirp but some eggs are the silent type...

Back
Top Bottom