Incubation Issues! Need advice

GlitterGremlin

In the Brooder
Jan 28, 2020
Hi guys,

I have done my head in researching the last 48 hours. This is my first time hatching, and I was told by a family member to replace any unfertile eggs with fresh ones on day 5 when i was sure they werent fertile. BUT i still had 2 fertile. Now i have two differnt dates in the bator and i have 3 days till hatch, and they should be on lockdown, have I got no chance the others might pull through without being turned? Cant believe i didnt think of this myself.

Staggered hatches can be tough (and stinky) when you only have one incubator. You can take them out of the automatic turner (if you're using one) and continue hand turning the eggs with 5 days remaining for a couple more days but even if you decide to put all of the eggs on lockdown they should be just fine. Good luck on your hatch!

Staggered hatches can be tough (and stinky) when you only have one incubator. You can take them out of the automatic turner (if you're using one) and continue hand turning the eggs with 5 days remaining for a couple more days but even if you decide to put all of the eggs on lockdown they should be just fine. Good luck on your hatch!
Thankyou so much! We will see how it goes. Ill be sure to never do that again :)

Back
Top Bottom