Incubator issues - need advice!

So far so good on day 8 - temp has kept stable at 99.5, and we've monitored the humidity, adding water every time it goes under 40%. I planned to candle the eggs at the halfway point, 4 gays from now - but I couldn't help myself, today I grabbed one egg and candled it just to see - there are veins and definitely a fetus, about 1/3 the size of the egg, which seems about right..wish me beginner's luck!

tempImagekuZz7R.jpg
We have 7 healthy, active chicks so far - the incubator was getting crowded, these were walking all over the other eggs and rolling them around, and we didn't see much activity from the other eggs, so we went ahead and put these 7 in the brooder after 24 hours. They're eating and drinking, looking good.
Still in the incubator, there's another egg pipping and trying to hatch, one that partially zipped but hasn't moved in several hours (might have died?) and the other eggs show no activity.
But it's still day 21, so we'll try to be patient for a couple more days and hope we get a few more.
We hoped for more from 22 eggs, but as beginners, we're pretty happy with these guys.

Back
Top Bottom