Incubator Advice

Newchickadee30

Songster
Mar 20, 2020
Hello,

I’ve always hatched with my broody hens, but have also decided to try with an incubator this year. So brand new to it and have zero experience.

It seems a bit overwhelming trying to find the best option based on my wants and needs.
My must haves are:
* beginner friendly
* pop them in and does it all, turning, easy temp, humidity control, etc
* looking to hold around 20-50 eggs.
* not an arm and a leg in cost, however I do understand if I want it to do everything for me that comes with a cost.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind might suit my needs?
Thank you!

Thank you guys!
It sounds great! I’m in Canada and did find someone within a reasonable distance that sells them!
Now just an option if I was looking for something that held more eggs any recommendations? I’ve heard about these little giant incubators, but know nothing about them. Thanks again 😊

I’m using a Farm Innovators model 4250. It holds 41 eggs. It’s my first time and I’m borrowing it so I can’t say really how great or not it is. It is an older 4250 model because the ones I saw on YouTube had a few better features.

I’m getting ready to load about 20 eggs into the Little Giant 9300 still-air model for the first time. It is the cheap model with no fan installed (neighbor gave it to us after one use). We’ll see how it goes. If you’re not buying one immediately and want to see some results first I can update you on the development or problems in a few days.

If I was paying for an incubator I’d definitely go with a forced-air model — probably the NR360.

Back
Top Bottom