incubator humidity dropped overnight. Help.

Robind15

Chirping
Jul 20, 2021
Central Florida
Hello. I was on day 15 yesterday of hatching quail eggs temp 100 and humidity 60%. Everything was fine up till this morning. Day 16 of course Hatch day. I saw At 6am that my humidity in both incubators had dropped overnight to 29 and 45. I immediately started pouring in water and got them both back to 60 within mins. I even saw one of my eggs shaking. Did this kill my quail? Or is there still time for them to hatch? I feel awful. Please help.

A slow drop over night will not shrink wrap pipped chicks in the same way that suddenly opening and releasing the humidity might do. Nor will it "kill" them.

I agree with the first poster that they should be fine!

Happy hatching! :jumpy
My one incubator is a hoover bator. Will me lifting the lid a bit to pour in water affect my hatch?

My one incubator is a hoover bator. Will me lifting the lid a bit to pour in water affect my hatch?
I actually love the hovaboators.. they works well for me with some tweaks.

I usually drape towels or blankets around to help capture current humidity and stop the temp from suddenly dropping if I know they are pipped already.. as I'd rather be safe than sorry. I've not shrink wrapped any so far.

I also did eventually set it up so I can use a straw (or fish aquarium air line) through one of the top holes for adding more water in during lock down. It's a popular "hack".

Back
Top Bottom