Incubator not heating up any more!!!

I think it's the thermostat going bad. I've had to replace a couple.
2012-03-02 05.42.49.jpg

Odd. It might be time to replace the incubator since it isn't heating right. Other than that, I'm not sure what could be going on. Did you check for any cracks in it that could be making it colder?
yep. I have checked for cracks and to make sure its seated correctly . I'm hoping I can just replace the heater

I think it's the thermostat going bad. I've had to replace a couple.
View attachment 1606435
is the thermostat separate from the heater/fan unit? I have a separate thermostat in laying in the incubator and its reading the same temp as what's on the digital one. not the temp I have it set at but the temp its reading

is the thermostat separate from the heater/fan unit? I have a separate thermostat in laying in the incubator and its reading the same temp as what's on the digital one. not the temp I have it set at but the temp its reading
I think you have confused thermostat that controls the heat, with a thermometer which reads the temperature. The thermostat is the dial or whatever you adjust the temperature with. Since you said the heating element was heating but you couldn't keep the heat steady tells me that the problem is likely with the control, the thermostat.

I will have to agree with cmom without actually being there to see your incubator. If the heating element was defective, I would think it wouldn't function at all? And be one of those deals where it either works or it doesn't? If that is the case, then the heater IS still working albeit at not the right temp..... but that will be due to the defective thermostat unit and not the heater itself. So, if I was to replace something, it would be the thermostat and not the heater. Just my guess.

In the Farm Innovators 4250 incubator you stated that you have, the thermostat and fan may be one unit. In some incubators such as the model you have, I think they are together. Not positive though.

In the Farm Innovators 4250 incubator you stated that you have, the thermostat and fan may be one unit. In some incubators such as the model you have, I think they are together. Not positive though.
I think it is. I disconnected and reset everything last night. the fan on the heater kicks on but the heater is not heating up at all. I even bought a incubator without the egg turner since I can move the egg turner from the old incubator to the new... and the new one wont heat up either. I have it set to 103 degrees and it wont get past 72 degrees. I keep the house at 70-72 degrees so I don't think that is it. neither of the incubators are close to vents. I have moved them both three times over the last few days to different locations and they are plugged directly into the wall. the farm innovators incubator has five eggs in it and was heating to temp for the first 7-10 days but it hasn't gone about 82 degrees the last few days. I'm beyond frustrated

Back
Top Bottom