Incubator recommandations

Hatch in chicks

Songster
Mar 3, 2023
Having trouble picking a new incubator to purchase. I'm going to need an automatic one under 100 dollars. Also would prefer it to be circulated air/fan. I would like it to be at least a 20 egg incubator. Thanks.

Having trouble picking a new incubator to purchase. I'm going to need an automatic one under 100 dollars. Also would prefer it to be circulated air/fan. I would like it to be at least a 20 egg incubator. Thanks.
Same here! There are so many to choose from! I don't like the 2 that I am using right now, looking forward to seeing suggestions in all ranges!

I have one incubator which i love it is a sailnovo 30 egg incabator. But i need/want another one for hatching. My incubator, i tried it 6 times then found out the rooster was too young(6 months old blue astrulorp) so i tried the 6th time and out of 11 eggs i have 9 healthy chicks. all the eggs pipped though so id say thats like 95% hatch rate right? they are barred rock/RIR mixes. and one is a cream legbar cross my buff blacktail banhtam rooster.

I have this one, but a bit older model. This below is the updated model with some improvements. I managed 100% hatch rate the first time I used it. I've got 27 more incubating in it now and am very happy with it, although I have to watch and control humidity carefully. Company is based in Idaho, USA, and has a 2-year warranty. Parts and accessories available, plus a wealth of incubating educational information on the website:
IncuView 27-egg incubator, Incubator Warehouse $150.00
https://incubatorwarehouse.com/incuview-3-pro-egg-incubator.html

I also have this one, and it's a little workhorse. Very stable temperature and humidity, easy controls. I've got a batch of eggs in it, too. Lots of folks on BYC use this one, or a similar one by Brinsea (more $$). It was given to me, so I don't know about the company or who to contact if there are problems - but I've used it for the past two years with zero issues. It seems this is the only incubator they make:
Kebonnixs 12-egg incubator, Walmart $134.99
https://www.walmart.com/ip/KEBONNIXS-12-Egg-Incubator-with-Humidity-Display-Egg-Candler-Automatic-Egg-Turner-for-Hatching-Chickens/1356905897?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101293458&adid=22222222222000000000&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=e&wl1=o&wl2=c&wl3=10352200394&wl4=pla-1103028060075&wl5=&wl6=&wl7=&wl10=Walmart&wl11=Online&wl12=1356905897_10001312818&wl14=kebonnixs 12 egg incubator&veh=sem&msclkid=4e26e088d11a177defe183721136421c&gclid=4e26e088d11a177defe183721136421c&gclsrc=3p.ds

Others you might check into (sorry, I can't spare the time to find links for you, but you can google it as well as I can) - and I haven't personally used any of these, so I can't vouch for them. BUT - they are GOOD quality incubators, and I believe are made in the USA. Look for:
Hova-Bator
Miller Mfg's Little Giant
Farm Innovators
Brinsea
Harris Farms Manna Pro
and I've probably left some other good ones out, but those are my best suggestions.

Of the many other choices available on Amazon, this one looks pretty good. I haven't tried it, but I'd buy it if I needed one. It's another one made in China (not saying that's bad, just hard to reach customer service and no parts), but the description and features on this one fit all the key points I'd be looking for, and it has decent reviews on the web:
Sailnovo, 20-egg incubator, Amazon $99.99
https://www.amazon.com/ESTINL-Incub...s-Hatching/dp/B0BRR4LZVS?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1
(keep the styrofoam box it comes in!)
This above ^^^ is cross-posted from another thread. Hope it helps.

Thanks. The top two iv'e heard a lot about them but sadly these two are not in my price range. the others you've mentioned a few of them are in my price range thank you. altho i probably shouldnt have said my price range is 100 dollars. im willing to pay that much. yet id sure like it to be under about 80 dollars very sorry to confuse you:hmm very good info thanks

Thanks. The top two iv'e heard a lot about them but sadly these two are not in my price range. the others you've mentioned a few of them are in my price range thank you. altho i probably shouldnt have said my price range is 100 dollars. im willing to pay that much. yet id sure like it to be under about 80 dollars very sorry to confuse you:hmm very good info thanks
You didn't confuse me, it's just going to be hard to find a GOOD incubator for that price range. I've found that buying cheap often means you get stuff that doesn't last or doesn't work well. Maybe try Ebay or craigslist (good luck, there), too.

Back
Top Bottom