Incubator temp raised URGENT

kakhan

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 11, 2012
Pakistan
Today at 5 pm everything was fine but at 9 when i checked temp was raised to 60 *Celcius.Humidity droped to 35.I pulled the eggs out,dismantled the thermostat,(its wafer capsule) and again connected it,it is working fine now.
I had around 25 eggs of bantam cochin,silkies and wyandotte.15 eggs are in day 12 and rest have spent 7 days.
Any chance of survival or have to wait till day 21?I am confused and worried.

You never give up on eggs after a temp malfunction , but if the internal temp was raised for very long the likely hood of a succefull hatch isnt great but eggs have surprised many people so give them a few days then candle and see if you can see any viens or movement. What kind of incubator is it?

if the temp has been raised perhaps open the incubator just a smidge to release the heat then lower the temperature...
that's what i would do, but i'm sort of a newbie.

60*C (140*F) is very high for hatching eggs. Depending on how long they were exposed to this they might be O.K. How far along were they? The only thing that worries me here is if the temperature didn't kill the embryos they may have eye problems (if early in incubation) or foot/leg problems. Were the eggs hot to the touch?

Thank you all for quick replies.
Yes the eggs were little hot.Its a small 50 egg manual bator and i think temp was raised for an hour.

Back
Top Bottom