Incubator Temperature too low - Day 22

gquiltbird

In the Brooder
Sep 23, 2022
Hey the last two hatches I did in my Brinsea Incubator have hatched early day 19 and 20.
I didn't think about the temperature possibly being wrong till it reached day 21 and no pips.
Found out the temperature has been sitting about 35.8 Degrees
Is there still a chance they will hatch? I'm feeling really disappointed.
I candled the eggs and they have alot of movement and its day 22 now, I am quite concerned about what to do.
Please let me know what you guys think

If they are still moving they have a chance. Because the temp was so low they'll probably hatch around 23-26 days instead of 21. For now try and get the temperature back up to 36-37C and wait. Let me know what happens!

If they are still moving they have a chance. Because the temp was so low they'll probably hatch around 23-26 days instead of 21. For now try and get the temperature back up to 36-37C and wait. Let me know what happens!
Ok cool. Really hoping to still have them hatch but only time will tell.
Thankfully I had a broody at the same time and put some of the same eggs under her which hatched 4 days ago.
Will keep updated if there is any pips

First one hatched. 2 others have pipped. It's day 24 and I'm glad at least one has made it. Not the cutest chick 🐣 but a chick nonetheless 😂
received_1139874843305067.jpeg

So they have finished hatching now I have 3 healthy chicks and 1 chick that's up and running around but its seems to have a little bit of a deformity. Hatched by itself but its butt looks a little not normal. Happened to one of my other chicks that hatched under the hen as well and that one is perfectly fine now so hoping for the best.

Unfortunately 6 of my eggs that were in the incubator died without pipping. It's pretty sad because I can see that they are fully formed after just candling them but unfortunately no movement.

Overall I am happy as I have 4 babies hatch under such adversity. Really thought I was going to lose them all.

Back
Top Bottom