Incubator To Momma

NoIdleDaze

In the Brooder
Sep 2, 2019
At the beginning of the month my female Peking got attacked along with her hubby. Sadly her hubby did not make it. Her bloodied and incapacitated we took her in, and applied first aid immediately. She has made an amazing recovery and is on her way to get back into the coop. Her nest was ruined crushed and eaten by the raccoon but 3 eggs were found and were put straight into the incubator. 27 days have passed and the eggs have started to pip. Excited with joy I start to do research on how to introduce ducklings to a mom and almost everywhere I read they talk about how unlikely it is for a foster mom to take care of ducklings that are not hers, but these are her own eggs will there still be an issue? How do I go about introducing them? Should I take the eggs out of the incubator and let them hatch under her? How long until they can meet? All help is much appreciated :)Happy Farming!

Last edited:
She does not know that those are her eggs/ducklings. It is highly unlikely that a non broody female will accept ducklings. Is she still setting ? If not I would hatch the eggs in the incubator and monitor a introduction to her very closely.

She does not know that those are her eggs/ducklings. It is highly unlikely that a non broody female will accept ducklings. Is she still setting ? If not I would hatch the eggs in the incubator and monitor a introduction to her very closely.
She is not setting shes been in a keepsakes bin rehabbing since the attack. But I will do just that

I'd give introducing them to her as soon as they are mobile taking care that they do not imprint on you. Have a plan 'B' in mind as far as providing a brooder for them. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom