Incubator....

I will have to measure it. I breed ameraucanas, they are very sweet and lay blue eggs and have muffs and beard... you should get some...

I wanted some but they're very scarce here. I had to settle for a legbar. It can be frustrating to be so far away from all the chicken action!

I agree, but new ones are expensive.
I usually hatch under a broody but I'm doing a big breeding project so I wanted a backup plan- meaning ALL the equipment including heat plate, brooder etc. Whats your fave brooder plan Jade?
If you're planning on a big breeding project...you don't want to skip on a good incubator! I imagine it's expensive to get stuff shipped to Ireland but if you go 'cheap', you will regret it. :old

Well I have a brooder that I built and just have a very large plastic bin. A bin is really cheap and easy to set up so I find it the easiest thing to use. That’s actually what I’m using for my chicks right now.

Does Ireland allow shipping from hatcheries?
No.
I don't actually like hatcheries and the way they mass-produce chicks but I can see how time-saving they can be.

Here you have 3 options: 1), breed your own (you can get a good variety of hatching eggs), 2), get from a friend, (eg the farmer down the road etc.), 3) get from a breeder (sadly limited).

What breeds do you keep? It feel weird to ask that we've been friends for so long, but my breeds are always changing.

Back
Top Bottom