Incubators Anonymous

Pics
20171020_174239-1.jpg
20171020_173653-1.jpg
some of my favorites that are in the grow out pen from my last hatch in august.
20171020_173644-1.jpg
this is the little black turken that looked like it had a white beard when it hatched..... now it just looks like grumpy turken lol

Congrats! All my Halloween HAL eggs quit on me but I have a few more in and due over the next few weeks (seramas).

I've really been slacking on getting pictures of my CX outcross babies :oops:. I ended up losing the smallest of them. She just vanished one day. I suspect a snake or something since she was gone without a trace and a few days before, my broody's baby disappeared the same way. The other 4 are doing wonderfully though. I weighed them today (was supposed to yesterday). Freckles and echo are at about 2 1/2 lbs, Blanco is almost at 2lbs and Gloria is at 1 1/2 lbs. They've just reached 8 weeks old. They are a LOT slower growing than their CX mother but SO much healthier. They have absolutely no trouble getting in to the coop at night on their own and are great foragers. They're friendly little buggers too and have bonded strongly to me. I'm anxious to see their final size and to breed then back to CX in a few months.

I have 5 CX pullets, still waiting on them to start laying. The mother of my outcrosses was just over 5 months old when she started laying. These girls are going on 6 months and I'm still waiting. Hopefully it's soon! I'm ready to hatch out another cross!

Back
Top Bottom