Incubators Anonymous

Pics
Ok Incubators Anon folks... My incubators are all turned off, my final hatch of ducklings is done (and delivered to customer yesterday), my final broody hatched her chicks over the weekend. I have one more that wants eggs, but I've been taking them from her.
I'm done till spring time! :wee

I'm done till spring time!

Yeah, every time I day that, something halogens and the incubators get turned back on. Like now, my seramas started laying so I'm trying to hatch them. Just as I said I'm done and not adding anymore, a new drama pet started laying so those eggs went in the bator. Now, both of my Ayam cemani hens are broody :he

Yeah, every time I day that, something halogens and the incubators get turned back on. Like now, my seramas started laying so I'm trying to hatch them. Just as I said I'm done and not adding anymore, a new drama pet started laying so those eggs went in the bator. Now, both of my Ayam cemani hens are broody :he

The day i got my very first serama egg, I had started a set of bantam cochin eggs that day, and i believe some serama eggs from TJ. I had to pop that first egg in there too! It hatched!! Turned out to be a male so i don't have him anymore, but it was cool! Lol
Give the ACs some serama eggs. That would be adorable!

The day i got my very first serama egg, I had started a set of bantam cochin eggs that day, and i believe some serama eggs from TJ. I had to pop that first egg in there too! It hatched!! Turned out to be a male so i don't have him anymore, but it was cool! Lol
Give the ACs some serama eggs. That would be adorable!

That would be nuts! I don't think those babies would survive the winter. I have the adults under heat as it is lol

That would be nuts! I don't think those babies would survive the winter. I have the adults under heat as it is lol

I understand, they seem so fragile. But i don't have any heat at all on mine, they sleep outside their house (inside the run) up on a roost about 6' up. I have open air coops, not winterized yet, and they still won't go inside! :he Last winter, one male got slight frostbite on his comb but that was it!
I also have silkied babies with 2 mommas, they are about 2 months old, super tiny. But they run around like little nutcases. Don't seem the least bit cold. They do go inside their house at night. But they are right next to a pack of cochins all huddling like it's below zero! Lol

I understand, they seem so fragile. But i don't have any heat at all on mine, they sleep outside their house (inside the run) up on a roost about 6' up. I have open air coops, not winterized yet, and they still won't go inside! :he Last winter, one male got slight frostbite on his comb but that was it!
I also have silkied babies with 2 mommas, they are about 2 months old, super tiny. But they run around like little nutcases. Don't seem the least bit cold. They do go inside their house at night. But they are right next to a pack of cochins all huddling like it's below zero! Lol

I was afraid to try to let them stay out. Everything I read said that they needed heat. Heck, we had the power go out the other night so I brought them in for the night lol. Maybe next winter I'll try letting them stay out. Right now, they're probably too acclimated to the heat.

I was afraid to try to let them stay out. Everything I read said that they needed heat. Heck, we had the power go out the other night so I brought them in for the night lol. Maybe next winter I'll try letting them stay out. Right now, they're probably too acclimated to the heat.

Yep, that's what i thought too, and why I try to share that mine are much hardier than they are given credit. I was prepared my first winter with them, to warm up their house. Till they decided to sleep out in the air! I still don't like it, but after the first several nights of moving them all in, and them just going right back out, I finally gave up.
Don't want to see you lose any to cold of course, so do what you think is best. Just sharing about mine. :)

Back
Top Bottom