Incubators Anonymous

Pics
just an update: I'm still not sure who dad is for these guys but they're only 5 days old and are growing super fast!

IMG_2384.JPG
IMG_2385.JPG
IMG_2387.JPG
IMG_2390.JPG

I have one of mine laying a very dark egg???? Either a golden sexlink or a rir??? Not real sure witch but they are in with a cuckoo marans roo so should be fun and I have a weakness for the green egg layers so every green egg I got the week i was saving eggs went in the bator. I guess we will see what we get, besides I had to have some chicks to teach my turkeys or just in case I ended up with a single hatching. Lol

I have an incubator full of 25 call duck eggs for a couple of customers, due to hatch later this week. But when i set them, I had just found a nest of 7 eggs that one of my girls was hoarding so i put those 7 in also. Apparently she had started incubating them a bit, they are definitely further along than the others, so i think i will up the humidity on them a day earlier than the rest.
Yesterday i noticed the same girl was sitting almost all day. I think she wants to accumulate another nest. So while she was off for a few minutes, I laid 2 more eggs nearby the 3 she had. Later she gathered them into the pile. So i might just let her keep these and see what happens.

The hard part is waiting........ waiting to see what hatches. Waiting to see how they will feather out..... waiting to see what color eggs they will lay, sigh maybe I will have some answers by spring

That really is the hardest part lol

What are these guys looking like now??

Ah, they're growing! Today is weigh and picture day so I'll get some new pictures and weighs on them :) Most of them are white with a couple black spots. One has a little crest and one is grey-ish.

This was 2 weeks ago

FB_IMG_1507748275180.jpg
FB_IMG_1507748271465.jpg
FB_IMG_1507748267956.jpg

Back
Top Bottom