Incubators Anonymous

I just realized that I have 6 more days and my first hen starts hatching. Going to have to move her before then so the others don't mess with the babies. Wow it's going to be a busy week. The other two hatch out on the 20th so I will move them as well. Hoping I can put them all in the same place so that they can raise the babies together. Keep your fingers crossed.

My latest batch is hatching. Two FBCM from the darkest eggs first, then many of the BO pipped. and now everyone is pipping.
wee.gif

Tomorrow is lockdown for my first batch of BLRW, Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Super Blue Egg layers, Splits and Lavs, Wheatens, Barred Rocks, Easter Eggers, Olive Eggers, .... I think that is it.

One more hatch in 2 weeks and I am DONE till the fall. This is going to be hard..... I can do it... I know I can
duc.gif

ok well, i think broody is a contagion... my self blue went broody, then my blue partridge (cochins btw), then my 2 black/self blue girls kicked blue out of the nest and took it over! then i found one of my dorkings taking over the nests in the horse trailer, and one of my EE's is awol (seen twice today, but not in the coop for bedtime). the ONLY cochin egg i got today, was from my white pullet! her first. LOL

hatched out 3 of the blue partridge/mille's chicks today with 2 more from the black/self blue pen. the first one did a good stevie wonder impression, wobble wobble side to side then fall over backwards for a few hours, and was totally normal by the next morning. but the name 'stevie' stuck. so now stevie has 2 sibs, aka stevie nicks and stevie ray vaughn. LOL yeah i like music. 8)

just counted up what's cookin'...

8 coturnix 7-Jun 5 black/sb cochin 21-Jun
7 birchen cochin
15-Jun 7 EE/dorking 21-Jun
14 mille/partridge cochin
15-Jun 12 coturnix 20-Jun
4 black/sb cochin
15-Jun 5 silver grey dorking 26-Jun
1 colx dorking
15-Jun 7 ameraucana 26-Jun
2 auburn turkey
22-Jun 5 guinea 3-Jul
9 welsummer
21-Jun 5 royal palm turkey 3-Jul
9 mille/partridge cochin
21-Jun

then there's the eggs from swaps i haven't got yet. LOL about 20 cochins from one, and more cochins from another. yeah i like cochins. 8)
oh and my red dorking eggs that should ship out friday.
guess i need those broodies after all.

ETA: note to self... draw up a design for a broodie condo... what would you all do?

Last edited:
My latest batch is hatching. Two FBCM from the darkest eggs first, then many of the BO pipped. and now everyone is pipping.
wee.gif
EEEEEEEEEEKkkk! I just loved that day..... We're only one week in and I just can't wait for the next batch to do their thing. I've gotta say, there's some eggs that I'm dying to bid on from the 24 hour thread. I think it's just to keep the pipping and hatching going. While I'm quoting you... I might as well ask, am I out of my mind to be hand feeding a little guy/girl and splinting/booting feet for him? I've been using baby parrot formula/weaning from that now to a mixture of plain yogurt and chick starter. Stanley (we were watching the Kings win at the time of his first feeding) seems to be perking up and we took the boots off today. She's getting around on her own, and starting to get her own water, but not interested in pecking for food yet. Am I mental?

Back
Top Bottom