Incubators Anonymous

I am doing my first hatch, too. NYD hatch! I can see this becoming an addiction.
i never thought 21 days was a long time until now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last NYE hatchalong was my first. I've had three incubators running ever since
hide.gif
Welcome to the addiction!

Deb

Is't me again. This is my first time incubating eggs so I have a question. So I candled my eggs last night (day10) and I thought I would see a big air sac on the top of the eggs with a dark blob in the middle of the eggs. What I saw was the top 1/3 of the egg was very dark. Is this what I want to see? I don't think my little flashlight was not very strong, but I am thinking that the dark 1/3 of the egg is the growing chicks, right? I think there was only one that was too clear to have a chick in it....Thanks for any advice/opinions.

Can u see the air sack at the top? It should be visible.
jumpy.gif
That's what I thought I should see, but only saw darkness at the top 1/3 of the egg. But when we looked at photos of candled eggs, there were many eggs that were just dark at the top. Maybe I was holding the flashlight in a weird position and it was just shadowed out??? I was afraid to handle them too much so did it quickly.

Look from the bottom too..... it could be they are BAD and could explode. You should still see into an egg clearly at 10 days..... even at day 18 I can see in the eggs and see some light places. Especially bigger eggs like WL, I can see veins and the chick. Smell them too.....

Back
Top Bottom