Incubators Anonymous

I'm so thrilled and I'm sure my Facebook friends are all getting tired of hearing about my chickens so here we go!

I received an incubator for Christmas and I had two unsuccessful hatches because the incubator thermometer was off by about 5 degrees. Once I figured out the problem I put another trial hatch in and now I have two sweet babies. I set 3 EE eggs, #1 was a quitter at around day 10, #2 was very active throughout the entire incubation, #3 was a mystery since it was in a blue shell and I couldn't see in it.

#2's hatch went very well, it happened in under 9 hours.

#3 struggled a little bit since the humidity in the incubator dipped to 35-40% while I was sleeping. I had to assist it out since it seemed glued inside the shell.

I've feather sexed and vent sexed them both and I believe they're both females!!!
love.gif

Well things got changed to 2 weeks out so that give me some time but I think I am going with the 1/2 inch.

Now to make a decision on the type of heat I want to use......

I just wormed the girls, should I wait until the wormer is out of their system? I know they recommend not eating the eggs for 18 days, what about hatching?

Hatching is ok. None in that picture is a roo. What else you got? I kinda feel like that thing can be in eggs and that if there is a WHITE part in that it is fertile. I will would have to look at one and I don't have fertile egg here.

Back
Top Bottom