Incubators Anonymous

they are alittle darker than this. Wish I knew how you all take such beautiful pictures of yo9ur eggs. My cream legbar eggs are lighter.
Beautiful eggs! I hope my new Lavender Ameraucanas lays that color and I hope my new BCM will lay as dark as yours! I really want some darker olives than I have right now!

Ok, so I fell off the wagon. I couldn't wait until the Easter Hatch-a-long, so I some eggs last week. Then, I was offered more Bielefelder eggs - for free. Somehow those eggs found their way into my incubator.
idunno.gif
Now my small test hatch of 6-12 chicks is up to 35 eggs incubating.

Not sure what DH will think when we get a chick explosion in about 2 weeks.
hide.gif

We'll have Black & Lavender Orpingtons, Appenzeller Spitzhauben, Bielefelders, & up to 4 sexlink Easter Eggers. Hopefully we can sell the extras quickly.

Ok I'm really hoping there's someone here who can help me. When I hatched chicks no one hatched except one I missed, who hatched on the turner. I've sort of babied it. His wings are droopy and the only wait I can seem to keep him warm is filling up a mug of hot water and letting him test against it. I threw him back in the warm incubator see if that would help. I've seen him eat though not a lot but a little. He's unsteady on his feet almost looks as if he's drunk. Please help!

hi my name is Ruthann and I have just recently became addicted to hatching. I have just hatched my first set and well on my way to hatching my second set. I am running five incubators with one on lockdown right as we speak.I have different eggs ranging from chicken duck turkey quail. Super loving it.

Ok I'm really hoping there's someone here who can help me. When I hatched chicks no one hatched except one I missed, who hatched on the turner. I've sort of babied it. His wings are droopy and the only wait I can seem to keep him warm is filling up a mug of hot water and letting him test against it. I threw him back in the warm incubator see if that would help. I've seen him eat though not a lot but a little. He's unsteady on his feet almost looks as if he's drunk. Please help!

Are you saying you moved some chicks to a hatcher and the only one that hatched is one you missed---still in the turner which is in the incubator???

Do you not have a brooder to put the chick in---to keep it warm---about 95 degree's right now??? The chick needs to stay around that temp for a few days or it will be to cold or to hot if no way to get away from the heat.

One chick is not going to eat very much even if it was healthy! The curled toes should straighten out some.

Why did your "other" eggs not hatch---where were they when they were suppose to hatch?

Last edited:
hi my name is Ruthann and I have just recently became addicted to hatching. I have just hatched my first set and well on my way to hatching my second set. I am running five incubators with one on lockdown right as we speak.I have different eggs ranging from chicken duck turkey quail. Super loving it.

Howdy and welcome. Good luck with your hatches.

Are you saying you moved some chicks to a hatcher and the only one that hatched is one you missed---still in the turner which is in the incubator???

Do you not have a brooder to put the chick in---to keep it warm---about 95 degree's right now??? The chick needs to stay around that temp for a few days or it will be to cold or to hot if no way to get away from the heat.

One chick is not going to eat very much even if it was healthy! The curled toes should straighten out some.

Why did your "other" eggs not hatch---where were they when they were suppose to hatch?

Hi ok so he was just cold he's better now. And I found out it was my hatching incubator everyone is hatching now. Some were late hatching but they are healthy and happy. Thank you though I really appreciate it !

Ok very sad chick update. Everyone's hatching now but I have one with no eyes and a beak that the top goes one was while the bottom goes the other. Must have been a issue with the humidity, everyone else is doing great though! I'm not sure what do do with the little black chick he's still peeping and walking a bit. I don't have the heart to kill him.

Back
Top Bottom