Incubators Anonymous

The dogs don't want to leave their nice warm house (the garage) when it's raining anyway.
hmm.png

Only one box today. (At 11:13! Talk about torture!) I called the post office about the one in Sioux Falls, it'll be here tomorrow morning.
The eggs today are 18 BLRW. Each wrapped in one paper towel, placed in an 18 ct egg carton, bubble wrapped around the carton and then newspapers. I like the way the first box was packaged better. Candling showed a few detatched air sacks.
sad.png
Some of these have a big bubble floating all the way around in them.

Anyway, I am doing it! I am buying another incubator. All of these eggs plus what's coming tomorrow will be set on Sunday. That way the oldest eggs will be one week old and the freshest will probably be a little egg from my hen today. (I'm expecting it this afternoon, I already told her I'd be back for it later.)
That way if I don't get the other 2 boxes until next week it'll still be OK. Who can function with only one little incubator anyway??
Next time I buy eggs I am buying from ONE person! Probably.

Quote:
The dogs don't want to leave their nice warm house (the garage) when it's raining anyway.
hmm.png

Only one box today. (At 11:13! Talk about torture!) I called the post office about the one in Sioux Falls, it'll be here tomorrow morning.
The eggs today are 18 BLRW. Each wrapped in one paper towel, placed in an 18 ct egg carton, bubble wrapped around the carton and then newspapers. I like the way the first box was packaged better. Candling showed a few detatched air sacks.
sad.png
Some of these have a big bubble floating all the way around in them.

Anyway, I am doing it! I am buying another incubator. All of these eggs plus what's coming tomorrow will be set on Sunday. That way the oldest eggs will be one week old and the freshest will probably be a little egg from my hen today. (I'm expecting it this afternoon, I already told her I'd be back for it later.)
That way if I don't get the other 2 boxes until next week it'll still be OK. Who can function with only one little incubator anyway??
Next time I buy eggs I am buying from ONE person! Probably.
yeah but other than donna or hot2pot, who's going to have that many breeds?
wink.png

i like multiple sources for genetics reasons, and have multiple incubators so i can rotate my hatches (daily if necessary!)

mille fleur cochins going in lockdown in... about 10 minutes. LOL

Last edited:
I'm really trying to limit my breeds and varieties. . That's going So well so far..
roll.png

I'm also getting some older chicks from several different people too, in MF Cochins and Lav Orps, so I should start my flock with some good quality birds from different lines. I need to get more pens built!

GOOD LUCK on the MF Cochins!! Gonna sell any?
lol.png

Hi everyone, hows the hatching?

I just put in the blue Belgian D'Anvers, and I'm expecting some Buff Dewlap Toulouse eggs today.
fl.gif
I have some muscoveys on lockdown, but they didn't look too promising too me, but I've been wrong before. I think they look as though they died w/i the last few days, though. ???

Heres a pic of one of the new goslings. He like the computer.

A few days ago I put 15 duck eggs in the bator. I don't even know what king of ducks they are. They're dark with some mallard-like markings with a top-knot on the tops of their heads. Don't know how good the hatch will be; the eggs were gathered gradually over a couple weeks and were inside a house. It wasn't REALLY warm in the house but was a lot warmer than the suggested 50 degrees or so. We'll see. I just enjoy watching a hatch. :)

UPDATE!!!!

The eggs started hatching this morning and now I have 2 chicks. One hatched around 3:00 and the other hatched around 4:30 pm. I excited to see how many more will hatch. There are several more eggs that have little peep holes in the shells and I guess they will break out anytime.

UPDATE!!!!

The eggs started hatching this morning and now I have 2 chicks. One hatched around 3:00 and the other hatched around 4:30 pm. I excited to see how many more will hatch. There are several more eggs that have little peep holes in the shells and I guess they will break out anytime.

sounds like your almost ready to start your next batch of eggs....
hide.gif
lau.gif

I only got time to check the SLW out of 4 doz+ only 14 developed.
hu.gif
His birds are older... we need to replace his flock.... I already have a roo for him....He needs to feed them better too maybe. Dang..... I didn't get time to check the other eggs... guess I will do that at lockdown in 3 day.

HAPPY HATCHING EVERYONE! Go CHICKIES!!!!!

I have sold some chicks tonight. Hopefully I will sell them all tomorrow
fl.gif
Would me nice to have an empty brooder for the next round of chicks
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom