Incubators... what are you using??

I have an old (square corner style) hova-bator with a turbo fan kit that we put in. I use to use it more but latley it sits in storage waiting on me. I need to get a new thermostat for it (the original finally burnt up in it) and a replacement vent plug. It has alway done good. I've had up to 3 doz. chicken eggs and upto 18 quail eggs in it.

have 6 sportsman ...40% to low in the beginning.....i run vents open 100% and add 2nd pan to raise the humdity,,give them more fresh air.

1 hatchrite

1 jamesway hold 3,000 pheasant eggs

1 lyon roll -X

3 lyon turn-X

2 old round sears incubators

due to my health most of these i would sell.

i kind of collected incubators over the years.........all these work great even the 1950(year made) model from sears

Is there warmer/cooler spots in the big cabinet incubators? I would think with the heating elements at the top, even with the fan there, that area near there would be warmer than the shelf below, and the bottom would be even more cooler. Is this true? If so, how much temperature difference is there?

Brinsea Octagen 20 Eco.
There The Best Incubators Ive Ever Used!
Real Good Hatching Results.

smile.png

I have a hovabator still air I found for $10at a garage sale last year, but this time my quail eggs are sitting in a Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco. Will see how they turn out Nov 12th!

edited because of spelling issues

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom