Incuview Incubator

My theory is that if the air in the room is excessively dry, then it's going to suck moisture out of your incubator until it reaches an optimal level.
Ambient humidity makes a big difference.
I've also used the wet sponge near vent and inside bator during lockdown.

You've just got to play with your set up until you figure out what works.

4 turkey and 7 chicken eggs. (But I marked 1 turkey as DEAD, because it seemed like it might be.)
The "DEAD" turkey hatched!
And it's a Sweetgrass!!

IMG_6054.JPG

I feel a little bit bad for one of the chicks inside a mesh bag. The un-bagged babies climbed on top of the bag and pinned it into a corner. It can't move. Good thing the bag is mesh, so it can breathe!

I wonder if it would be better when using bags to put all eggs in bags and leave none of them free. :confused:

are you using the inside ring only before lockdown? Filled inside ring lasts over a day in mine.
Thank you for this. The paper that came with mine said to fill outer ring upon setup. Then before setting eggs to fill ring 1 and add as needed, but didnt specify which one was ring 1. We've been adding to the outer ring all along.
Yesterday, I followed your advice. The inner ring took much more water to get to 50%, and stayed there overnight and was at 38 when I just checked it around 5:30pm.

Thanks!

I did, thanks!

So far I'm pretty happy with these bags.

Update:

Every single egg hatched!! :wee

There were two holdouts (out of 21 eggs)when I got up this morning, so I took out the bags of chicks and the free ones, leg-ringed them all to keep track of parentage, and then put them ALL back in bags randomly and returned them to the incubator. That way the last two eggs could hatch in peace without being trampled. (Well, I did leave one poult free because it had just hatched and was still wet.)

When the last two hatched, they got rings, and the others got set free:
IMG_6061.JPG
IMG_6062.JPG
IMG_6063.JPG

I don't think my Incuview has ever been this crowded!

14 poults and 7 chicks

I’m having trouble keeping my temperature steady. It’s been fluctuating between 98-101. I tried adjusting the set temp and room temp settings, but it’s not working. Does anyone know how I might fix this?

I’m having trouble keeping my temperature steady. It’s been fluctuating between 98-101. I tried adjusting the set temp and room temp settings, but it’s not working. Does anyone know how I might fix this?
Are you giving it several hours to stabilize after changing one setting at a time?

Are you opening and closing it a lot during the day? I find this causes the heater to work harder and temperatures to fluctuate upward. Otherwise, I'm not sure. We had two hot days and my kitchen got above 80F. I had to adjust the room temperature setting and it worked. I also had to readjust it in the evening when it cooled off. It's a little stressful having to manually baby it because it makes me afraid to leave the house.

Eta: are you keeping stable humidity? What %?

Are you opening and closing it a lot during the day? I find this causes the heater to work harder and temperatures to fluctuate upward. Otherwise, I'm not sure. We had two hot days and my kitchen got above 80F. I had to adjust the room temperature setting and it worked. I also had to readjust it in the evening when it cooled off. It's a little stressful having to manually baby it because it makes me afraid to leave the house.

Eta: are you keeping stable humidity? What %?
I have had to open it today, the eggs keep bunching up and not turning. Humidity has been between 35-45 percent

Back
Top Bottom