Incuview Incubator

Pics
I'm still listening!
big_smile.png
I had am awesome hatch with this incubator for my very first hatch! 13/18 set. I did have to fuss with the thermostat a bit, it was very hot here when I hatched. I finally put a fan in the room and turned it off at night. That evened out the temps for me. I did not have the new fan cover at the time though.

Thanks! I was just worried because I hadn't read about anyone in this thread needing to adjust the set temp above the preset 99.5ºF. I have a still air incubator that I know you have to run at about 102ºF at the top to get the right temp inside the eggs. I was under the impression that a circulated air incubator was more evenly heated. I may try to move the thermostat probe a bit lower to get a more accurate reading.

@TheGeekySheep I had to do the ame thing. Seems to hard oe easy to screw up if I calibrate the temp if it seems too hot I lower the temp accordingly. I have a portable heater in the room and still have to boost the thermometer .3 to get it to keep even 99.5 according to my other hygrometer which is a fairly reliable one I use in my grow room. Right now I have 2 Ayam Cemani and 20 Serama and 1 Double lace Oroingtons that seem to be developing slowly. Seems like it was under so I boosted the actual thermostat.

I am listening ;-)

I'm still listening too! And yes, that little bit of a flicker on the display is normal. :)
Editing to add: if your room s a bit cool, putting the Incuview on a towel may help stabilize your temperature.

Last edited:
@TheGeekySheep I had to do the ame thing. Seems to hard oe easy to screw up if I calibrate the temp if it seems too hot I lower the temp accordingly. I have a portable heater in the room and still have to boost the thermometer .3 to get it to keep even 99.5 according to my other hygrometer which is a fairly reliable one I use in my grow room. Right now I have 2 Ayam Cemani and 20 Serama and 1 Double lace Oroingtons that seem to be developing slowly. Seems like it was under so I boosted the actual thermostat.

I am listening ;-)
I'm still listening too! And yes, that little bit of a flicker on the display is normal. :)
Editing to add: if your room s a bit cool, putting the Incuview on a towel may help stabilize your temperature.

Thanks y'all, this is a relief to hear. Also thanks for the tip about the towel, I just remembered I have a scrap of foam insulation board I can put under it. The temp is pretty stable but maybe insulating the bottom will allow it to even out with the top temp.

Getting excited about setting eggs this weekend! I'm going on a hatching egg collecting road trip and hope to come back with Dominiques, RIRs, Swedish Flower Hens, and Cream Legbars. :)

@TheGeekySheep wow sounds like a lot of fun! I really want some Swedish Flower hens I just hatched a bunch of legbars and sold them almost as fast as they hatched. I need to order more now. One of the down points of hatching eggs... but at least when we sell them on craigs we are able to have another hatch lol Right now I have 15 Serama from Jerry Schexnayder the man who originally imported them to Western World and 2 Ayam Cemani eggs. All are approaching 1st week and developing. A lot is riding on this hatch and I have put it in the capable hands of the "Incuview" :)

@TheGeekySheep wow sounds like a lot of fun! I really want some Swedish Flower hens I just hatched a bunch of legbars and sold them almost as fast as they hatched. I need to order more now. One of the down points of hatching eggs... but at least when we sell them on craigs we are able to have another hatch lol Right now I have 15 Serama from Jerry Schexnayder the man who originally imported them to Western World and 2 Ayam Cemani eggs. All are approaching 1st week and developing. A lot is riding on this hatch and I have put it in the capable hands of the "Incuview" :)

Whew that sounds like an expensive batch of eggs, good luck.

I set 12 SFH eggs this summer but they were shipped, so only one of them made it and it turns out he's a cockerel. So I'm trying again with some "local" eggs and a better incubator, hopefully I'll have better luck this time. I want some color in my flock!

Here we go! 10 SFH, 6 Dominique, and 2 Cream Legbar. The RIR didn't pan out so I ended up with a bunch of empty space, but since this is my first hatch in this incubator, that might be for the best.

It's suddenly summer again in Georgia so I can run it at 100°F and get a good temp, I think the insulation underneath also helps.

Here we go! 10 SFH, 6 Dominique, and 2 Cream Legbar. The RIR didn't pan out so I ended up with a bunch of empty space, but since this is my first hatch in this incubator, that might be for the best.

It's suddenly summer again in Georgia so I can run it at 100°F and get a good temp, I think the insulation underneath also helps.
Okay - now you have me watching too! Thanks for the link :D
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom